none
How to install Windows Server 2008 R2 in an unattended mode.

Question

• Hi,

Can anyone please help me in installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 in unattended mode.

I have gone through the site : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee344846%28WS.10%29.aspx , but its a lot confusing.

My requirement is I have to install windows 2008 server R2 into a remote machine by using the iso image from a network machine.

What I understood from the above link is that I have to create a unattend.xaml file using Windows AIK , which i have completed.This auto attend file has the partitions and the other required features.

For suppose I need to install only Server Enterprise edition only , how can i do it .

Its also given in the link that I need to copy the install.wim file from the DVD of windows 2008 server to any local drive which I copied in C:\Win2008Server\install.wim

Now after opening WAIK(Windows AIK) the unattend file is created by taking the image of the above install.wim from the local drive.

But after that I m unable to proceed further, what to do with the unattend file . How can it be installed  in the new empty machine, I have found that we have to create PE's which can be used as boot device but where will it contain the unattend file. I am confused on what to do , whatever I searched till now is not leading me to any solution.

Anyone please help. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Waiting eagerly for the reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Fayaz Syed.

FayazSyed
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:18 PM