none
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Activation Problem

Question

• Hi Eveyone,

I downloaded the image file from MSDN and installed it but whenver I try to activate it using the key that I got from my MSDN subscription it says it can not validate the key that was intered.. I called customer service, they say that the keys I the MSDN gave me doesn't work for 2008 version. Is this really true? They allow us to download the image and give you a key but this doesn't really work? Please advise thanks.

Arnold
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is completely dedicated to Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility and Certification related issues.

However, I guess that there is some slight confusion between 2 versions. That means you have one version of Server 2008 and trying the key of another version of Server 2008. May one be a beta and another RTM.

The suggestion would be here to clarify further from the MSDN subscription contacts only, since you have it from the same.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is completely dedicated to Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility and Certification related issues.

However, I guess that there is some slight confusion between 2 versions. That means you have one version of Server 2008 and trying the key of another version of Server 2008. May one be a beta and another RTM.

The suggestion would be here to clarify further from the MSDN subscription contacts only, since you have it from the same.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I am sure I installed the enterprise version and I am using the enterprise key that MSDN provided but I believe the key is for both Enterprise and Data Center. Is it true that the MSDN provided keys are not working? That is what the support lady told me when I tried to call in the support.

I am sorry if I am on the wrong thread. Where would I raise my question then?

THanks.

Arnold
    Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:21 PM
  • I had the same problem.  I used my key for a different version, and now it says the key is in use.  I'm trying to figure out who to call.  Can't even disconnect network adapter to force a phone number, as it's already dead

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:26 AM