Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development 공지 사항
The purpose of this forum is to help driver, device and kernel developers who have questions about the Windows WDK and about driver and kernel development. Please post questions here about the tools, samples, headers and libraries and documents in the Windows WDK.
The WHCK forum has been created, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whck/threads . Please ask your cerification questions (workflow, packaging, errata/debugging issues, etc.) in this new forum.
Message Analyzer 공지 사항
Welcome to the Microsoft Message Analyzer TechNet forums. As we drive to our release this forum becomes our community communication center for Microsoft Message Analyzer. Feel free to ask any questions about Message Analyzer and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Read about Message Analyzer on our blog at http://blogs.technet.com/MessageAnalyzer. Documentation is also available on our Start Page which directs to our TechNet page.
We are looking forward to working with you to continue making Message Analyzer THE tool for protocol and network analysis. However, Message Analyzer goes beyond the typical features to introduce a new set of tools which allow to you analyze many more types of messages together in one view; for instance, protocol, text logs, Windows System events, and CSV/TSV.
Please take it for a test drive and tell us what you think!
C++ Standards, Extensions, and Interop 공지 사항
There are a couple new (and exciting!) extensions available in the Visual Studio gallery:
- PGO Plug-In. This tool improves the user experience for PGO in Visual Studio 2013 by providing a guided experience through the various phases of the PGO process. It also introduces the ability to perform PGO for Windows Store applications targeting x86 and x64 applications and more!
- PdbProject Extension.This extension will allow Visual Studio 2012 to open and convert pdb into a vcxproj. The converted project will load as a normal VC project and provide IDE features such as tag browsing, intelli-sense and object browsing.
While there, check out the many other extensions available for Visual Studio and be sure to leave your feedback!
Network Monitor 공지 사항
Feel free to post your questions concerning Network Monitor 3. Examples of topic areas are:
· Network Monitor API
· User interface
· NMCap (command-line capture tool)
· Writing parsers with NPL (Network Programming Language)
Find out more info at our new blog. Here's our introductory post: http://blogs.technet.com/b/messageanalyzer/archive/2012/09/17/meet-the-successor-to-microsoft-network-monitor.aspx.
Developing Windows Desktop Applications with Power Management 공지 사항
This forum is for issues associated with developing application that work well with Windows Power Management. Please do not post general Windows development or other non-power management related questions to this forum or they will be moved to the 'off-topic' forum.
Visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ff944599.aspx for up to date information on how to design applications that are energy smart and work well with Windows Power Management. Post feedback on this forum if you can't find the information you are looking for via this link.
As somewhat of a social experiment, I'm inviting those of you who've diagnosed issues with apps not working correctly with Windows power management to post your reports on this forum here. Apps not working right could mean that the PC stays awake unnecessarily, or or could mean that the app is negatively impacted by power management because it doesn't request that the system or display stay on while it is perform critical work.
The goal is to share knowledge of the issues so we aren't all "re-diagnosing the same wheel" and hopefully get the attention of the developers of the apps so they can make their applications a little more energy smart. Here's hoping...
Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools 공지 사항
Please Mark Your Post "Answered" if it's Answered. Thanks.
We have a new forum for Event Tracing for Windows (ETW), Windows Event Log, Software Tracing (WPP), and related technologies. Here you will find help for writing event providers, consuming events, and using event tools (such as logman, tracerpt, logman, and Get-WinEvent).
Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) 공지 사항
Now that you have your WFP callout developed, how can you make sure it adheres to Microsoft's recommendations? Starting with Windows 7, you can run the Windows Hardware Certification Kit (HCK) (formerly known as the Windows Logo Kit (WLK)). This kit will run tests against your callout driver to help find issues with your driver due to interoperability, non-conformant practices, and general bugs. To get started please visit:
MSN Messenger Monitor
Windows Desktop SDK 공지 사항
The RTM release of the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is now available for download in both ISO and Web Setup format. Web setup allows you to install a specific subset of the SDK you select without having to download the entire SDK. The DVD ISO setup allows you to download the entire SDK to install later. This release of the SDK has three ISOs to choose from. You should pick the version that matches the CPU (x86, x64, or Itanium) you are installing on. Each ISO will allow you to build applications that target all the other CPU platforms. If you install the x86 ISO (which only installs on x86 platforms), you will be able to create applications targeting x86, x64, and Itanium.
Visual Studio Compatibility:
Please check out the top-level Getting Started section in the SDK documentation for a full description of what’s new in the SDK as well as recent posts to this blog – such as New Win32 Samples in Windows SDK for Windows 7: Windows User Interface or New Tools in Windows SDK for Windows 7.
Check the Windows SDK blog and the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. Please read the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK. The Release Notes also have instructions on how to use the different components in the SDK.
If you are having problems downloading or installing this SDK, read Troubleshooting Windows 7 SDK Download/Install.
Tell us what you think:
Send your thoughts to the Windows SDK Feedback alias. Tell us how you use the SDK and what we can do to make your life easier.
Windows Desktop Development for Ink, Touch, and Tablet PC 공지 사항
Hello and welcome to the "Ink, Multi-Touch, and Other Tablet PC Development" forum.
This is the place where you can post questions, tricks, tips, and other observations about creating applications that specifically take advantage of natural input methods of ink and touch. Whether you are setting up a development environment, integrating handwriting into an existing application, or creating a state-of-the-art multi-touch client application from the ground up, we will strive to ensure that both other members of the developer community as well as product team members from Microsoft are pointing you to the correct resources and helping out where applicable.
Some resources that you should know about immediately:
- The Windows Developer Center on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/windows) contains pages dedicated to Tablet and Touch Technology. From the home page, click Technologies, and then click Mobile PC.
- In addition, the Windows Developer Center contains resources specific to Tablet and Touch Technology in the Learn page, including How-Do-I videos and MS Learning webcasts.
- The developer center contains a number of hands-on labs dedicated to Tablet and Touch Technology. The labs--written in C++, C#, and Visual Basic .NET--range from getting started to advanced pen data manipulation.
You can find the Tablet and Touch SDK documentation in the MSDN Library:
- All conceptual topics are grouped together under the Tablet PC Development Guide. This includes native and managed conceptual information.
- All of the native reference documentation is located under the Tablet PC COM Library Reference node.
- The reference documentation for managed APIs is located in the following .NET Framework namespaces:
- Microsoft.Ink (general ink functionality)
- Microsoft.Ink.TextInput (Tablet PC Input Panel)
- Microsoft.StylusInput (RealTimeStylus implementation)
- Microsoft.StylusInput.PluginData (Plugin data for RealTimeStylus)
- System.Windows.Ink (WPF implementation)
- System.Windows.Ink.AnalysisCore (base classes for ink analysis in WPF)
- In addition, the System.Windows.Controls namespace contains the InkCanvas and the InkPresenter classes.
This forum is NOT for end-user questions or hardware reviews. It is for questions about developing applications using Tablet and Touch technologies. Questions that are out of scope will be redirected to appropriate forums or newsgroups.
This forum is based on a new Forum 3.0 platform which provides many robust features. To know more about Forum 3.0 new features, view the following video:
Windows Desktop Ribbon Development 공지 사항
Hello and welcome to the Windows Ribbon Development forum!
The Windows Ribbon Development forum provides you an opportunity to join a community of Windows developers interested in the Windows Ribbon Framework—a rich command presentation system that provides a modern alternative to the layered menus, toolbars, and task panes of traditional Windows applications. Here you can share knowledge, get questions answered, and learn from others with development backgrounds similar to yours.
If you have any suggestions or feedback on the new Windows Ribbon Framework, please feel free to post them in this forum.
The Windows Ribbon Development forum is based on the new Forum 3.0 platform. To learn more about Forum 3.0 features, please view the following video:
What’s new for Windows 8:
- Support for PNG image resources.
- Event notifications that identify the ribbon mode, command info, event type, and location within the ribbon.
- Ability to show or hide font size buttons.
- Improvements to Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) functionality, including highlighting, undo/redo buttons, and support for gallery controls.
- Collapse ribbon and expand ribbon buttons.
Windows Hardware Testing and Certification 공지 사항
The purpose of this forum is to help those who have questions with the Windows testing and certification processes used with the Hardware Certification Kit (HCK). Please post questions here about the tools, processes and tests used in testing, packaging, and certifying drivers.
Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development 공지 사항
- Benefits of getting desktop apps certified for Windows 8
- Learn how to use the Windows App Certification Kit
- How to list a desktop app in the Windows Store
- App submission checklist
- What’s new in the SDK
- The Compatibility Cookbook: Tips on getting your app compatible for Windows 8
- Compatibility Center Update the compatibility status of your app or add apps
For questions about certification policies, contact the Certification Support Team
For questions about Dashboard services, certification submissions, bug management, and reports, send e-mail to email@example.com
Windows 7 Application Remediation Services are now available to assist software developers and corporate customers with application compatibility issues. Microsoft wants to ensure customers resolve application compatibility issues related to code remediation or general compatibility with Windows 7. If you are a software developer, Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) ISV, or corporate customer who is deploying software on Windows 7, you may take advantage of this program in the following ways:
1. Online support and resources at:
c. MPN ISV Online Technical Communities (MPN partners provided a response within 8 business hours from Microsoft)
2. Premier customers may request a Windows 7 Application Compatibility for Enterprises Workshop through their Technical Account Manager. Premier Field Engineers are also available for on-site identification and remediation of issues through Application Compatibility services. In some countries, the workshop is being made available for open enrollment events as well.
3. Use your Premier, or Professional Support agreements (or Pay Per Incident) to open paid service requests with Microsoft Support. Our support teams will assist you through shim development, debugging code or leveraging XP mode to resolve application compatibility issues. You may open a service request by using the following resources: Phone (800) 936-4900 - Premier Support, Professional or MSDN Support.
4. In addition, MPN Partners can leverage Technical Sales Assistance, Technical Advisory Services, and Break-Fix Support benefits by contacting the Global Partner Support team. To do so learn more at MPN Partner Technical Support Benefits and MPN ISV Online Technical Communities
Windows Desktop Web Services API (webservices.dll) 공지 사항
Hello and welcome to the forum on Windows Web Services API!
Windows Web Services API forum provide you an opportunity to join a community of native C/C++ code developers who are wroking on connecting native code and web services. Here at the forum you can share knowledge, get questions answered, and learn from others similar to yours. Start by posting related questions to your topic of interest and leverage the knowledge available in your new forum community.
For more information please check out PDC 2008 talk on WWSAPI which you can find here, http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/PC01/.
Thank you for your posts and we are looking forward to productive converstation on this forum.
Windows Web Services API team.
Please follow instructions in this post if you are intersted in using the WWSAPI runtime on Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008. The version available corresponds to the one released in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. To develop for this version of the runtime, you need to install Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. If you used any pre-released versions of WWSAPI, please make sure to regenerate all code using the new version of wsutil.exe tool and rebuild all source code that used any of the pre-released versions of this API. When you have technical issues of using WWSAPI, you may use this forum. All other questions about this version before you have access to it, please email them all to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the link below to a page with a list of online resources available to help you connect your native C/C++ code and web services using Windows Web Services API.
For questions and comments, please start a discussion on this forum.