none
LLDP Multicast traffic

שאלה

• I am trying to set up a network capture for lldp (which works with wireshark), but so far no luck.

I have set the adapter to p-mode and have all the parsers set to full.

I can see the spantreedpdu, but no lldp multicast.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
    יום רביעי 06 ינואר 2010 18:01

תשובות

• We actually don't have a parser for LLDP, though you should still be able to capture the traffice.  A filter of "Property.Etype==0x88CC" should return frames which are LLDP, so that will tell you if you are capturing them.

If you were interested in submitting a parser for LLDP, we could assist you in creating one.  It's fairly straight forward, especially for a protocol like LLDP.

Paul
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Sean Hayes 3 יום חמישי 07 ינואר 2010 13:56
    יום רביעי 06 ינואר 2010 21:43
    בעלים

כל התגובות

• Well, it appears I am getting an "UndescribedFrameData" protocol that I guess is what I am looking for.  But the data is a binary large object.  Not very useful...
    יום רביעי 06 ינואר 2010 20:33
  • We actually don't have a parser for LLDP, though you should still be able to capture the traffice.  A filter of "Property.Etype==0x88CC" should return frames which are LLDP, so that will tell you if you are capturing them.

If you were interested in submitting a parser for LLDP, we could assist you in creating one.  It's fairly straight forward, especially for a protocol like LLDP.

Paul
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Sean Hayes 3 יום חמישי 07 ינואר 2010 13:56
    יום רביעי 06 ינואר 2010 21:43
    בעלים
  • Ok.  I saw the LLTD parser and assumed it would do LLDP as well.  Thanks for the info.  Don't have time to try to write my own parser; will have to switch to a different product.

Thanks.
    יום חמישי 07 ינואר 2010 13:56
  • Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear that's a blocking issue for you.  We've put in a request to our parser team for an LLTD parser for you.

Be sure to check out our CodePlex site every month to get the latest updates.  You can also file any other issues with parsers you have there in the Discussion or Issue Tracker tabs.  And feel free to suggest better summary descriptions or put other protocol requests in as well.  It always helps if you can point us to public documentation and capture data.

Thanks for your support,
    Michael Hawker | Program Manager | Network Monitor
    יום שישי 08 ינואר 2010 00:27
    מנחה דיון