none
rpcndr.lib not shipped with Platform SDK

Question

• My COM app requires rpcndr.lib which does not appear to have been shipped with the Windows SDK - I have to revert to the one that ships with VS.NET 2005....

lundi 13 novembre 2006 17:56

Toutes les réponses

• I can confirm that. I can't imagine what they are doing with the releases, but there is always missing something which I must copy from the previous release in order to compile our project.
    There are also permanent issues which don't seem to be fixed ever.

For example, the mc.exe utility doesn't work without nlsdl.dll, which must be installed separately. Or the manifest tool (mt.exe) - the SDK is still shipped with an old version (5.2.3790.2075), which currupts exe's and dll's. If you run these executables on pre-Vista OS, such as Windows XP, you will get the BSOD. On the other hand, in the Visual Studio 2005 installation directory, you can find a newer version of mt.exe (6.0.4071.0), which injects the manifests correctly.
    mardi 14 novembre 2006 11:41
  • I forgot to mention the SDK version. It is Sept CTP (5728.0.4) available from the Vista: Get The Beta download site.
    mardi 14 novembre 2006 11:45
  • The Windows SDK no longer ships with rpcndr.lib. Try linking against rpcrt4.lib, it replaces the functionality of rpcndr.lib.

mardi 14 novembre 2006 17:54
  • Thanks - that cured it. Incidentally the project linking with the offending file was a Proxy Stub one autocreated by VS .NET!

mardi 14 novembre 2006 22:27