none
Media foundation protected pipeline EXE has stopped working

Pregunta

• we have an application developed in Visual Basic 2005 which has the Media Player embedded in the form. Everything was working perfectly till, we introduced an Image control which moves horizontally as the video plays [similar to the one in Windows Media Player]. Just as in Windows Media Player, we allow the user to slide the Image or click on any position on the horizontal line to reposition the video playing [i.e change the currentposition].

2 strange things happen when this is done - the media Player region goes green in color and then the video plays and / or an error is generated which says "Media Foundation protected pipeline EXE has stopped working"

Now why would repositioning the video generate this error!!!!

lunes, 07 de septiembre de 2009 16:56

Respuestas

• I made a simple test application in VB to try out what you explained and did not encounter a crash or odd behavior.  Can you provide any other information about how the WMP control is being used? Particularly -- what type of media file are you using? and how are you updating the the playback position of the WMP control?
    viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2009 20:59

Todas las respuestas

• I made a simple test application in VB to try out what you explained and did not encounter a crash or odd behavior.  Can you provide any other information about how the WMP control is being used? Particularly -- what type of media file are you using? and how are you updating the the playback position of the WMP control?
    viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2009 20:59
  • I made a simple test application in VB to try out what you explained and did not encounter a crash or odd behavior. Can you provide any other information about how the WMP control is being used? Particularly -- what type of media file are you using? and how are you updating the the playback position of the WMP control?

Have you solved the problem? I'm still concerned about it.
    domingo, 23 de enero de 2011 7:44