none
Design a new IME, which one is better, TSF or Win32IME?

Question

• hi there,

I wanna design a new IME, and I found most articles were talking about Win32 IME API, like this: http://input.foruto.com/IME/Windows/IME_PROGRAMMING/IME/ . However, there is another article on TSF: http://input.foruto.com/IME/Windows/IME_PROGRAMMING/TSF/ . I don't know which one should be chosen if I wanna design a new IME just for Windows 7 and above.l

BTW: Please supply me some technical documents on the API you preferred.

Thanks in advanced.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:07 AM

Answers

• TSF

IME is emulated using TSF on modern versions of Windows. The emulation is not without bugs.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Lingfeng Xiong Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:29 PM
  • The best source I know of is the SDK samples.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• TSF

IME is emulated using TSF on modern versions of Windows. The emulation is not without bugs.

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:29 PM
  • Thanks for ur help. Do u mind giving me some documents of TSF? It is pretty hard to find any example or documents on IME development.
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:48 AM
  • The best source I know of is the SDK samples.

Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:58 PM