none
Please I need help with this exception!!!!!

Question

• Hi:

I have downloaded Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) for Windows XP (KB932716) still its giving the following error:

Error H RESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

I tested my application with this recorder SONY CD-RW CRX216E
    and the application give me that exception.

Now what is the problem, I tested it with another recorders and it doesn't give me this error,
    it means that my application should work fine. I have the imapi update installed on my computer, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3

The Error Code::-2147467259

The application raise the exception when I try to burn, erase or when I try to access to some characteristics of the media and the recorder. However for example the Eject(), discFormatData.CurrentPhysicalMediaType,GetSupportedSpeeds() and some others works fine.

I have tested msdn example also (VB Script) still its giving same error (ErrorCode::-2147467259).

How can I fix this problem?

Please help me, I really need it

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you see the exception does not occur on other devices except these two from Sony. It is very likely that the issue is hardware specific. Can you follow up with the hardware manufacturer (Sony). A good place to start would be to make sure that you have the most recent firmware update for those devices from Sony for installed.

Regards,
    Ope
    • Marked as answer by Ope Aladekomo Friday, June 05, 2009 8:29 PM
    Thursday, June 04, 2009 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Alejandro,

We suspect that this is a device-specific error, but could you specifically say which MSDN sample and which specific IMAPI API is giving you this exception? We need this information to be able to assist you with this issue.

It also looks like you have an old version if the IMAPIv2.0 HRP package for WinXP. Could you also try installing the latest HRP from the following link and let us know if you're still seeing the issue?

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=63ab51ea-99c9-45c0-980a-c556746fcf05

Thanks,
    Dmitri
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:30 PM
  • Yes with both, according to Windows this is my version of IMAPI 5.1.2600.5593 and this is the update that I installed in my computer WindowsXP-KB932716-v2-x86-ENU.exe.

The devices that give me the exception are CD-RW CRX230EE and CD-RW CRX216E from SONY Corporation.

Some functions like eject, discFormatData.CurrentPhysicalMediaType, discFormatData.SupportedWriteSpeedDescriptors works fine but with burn and erase the application raise that exception and with some others.

With another devices I don't have this problem, please help me with this trouble.

Thanks,
    Alejandro 
    Monday, May 25, 2009 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

If you see the exception does not occur on other devices except these two from Sony. It is very likely that the issue is hardware specific. Can you follow up with the hardware manufacturer (Sony). A good place to start would be to make sure that you have the most recent firmware update for those devices from Sony for installed.

Regards,
    Ope
    • Marked as answer by Ope Aladekomo Friday, June 05, 2009 8:29 PM
    Thursday, June 04, 2009 11:55 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Ope.

Best Regards,
    Alejandro
    Monday, June 08, 2009 8:00 PM