none
Why does use of Invalidaterect causing flickering in windows 7 and windows server 2008 but not in windows 2003 server?

Question

• I don't know where to post this question, but since nature of question looks like some OS related, I am posting here. 

I have a bitmap and a text in a spread. I am painting the  bitmap using SetTypePictureHandle and text color through setcolor(). And also at the end I am doing Invalidaterect() for combined rect of Bitmap and text. 

Lets say for bitmap I have rect1 and for text I have rect2. I comibned these two using unionrect

lets say rect3.UnionRect(rect1 ,rect2), then Invalidating through Invalidaterect(rect3)

I am facing a problem of flicker in windows 7, windows server 2008 but not on windows server 2003 OS. 

Can someone help me to avoid this in windows 7 and windows server 2008?

Mohan

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:42 PM

All replies

• Can anyone give me some idea??

Regards

Mohan

Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:27 AM
  • Hello,
    Welcome here.

Based on your description, I will move this thread to a more appropriate forum: Windows Desktop SDK.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Regards,

Elegentin Xie
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Do you handle WM_ERASEBKGND and does it work if you call InvalidateRect for rect1 and then for rect2 without UnionRect?

Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Yes WM_ERASEBKGND works for both.

Thanks

Mohan

Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Could someone suggests me some resolution for it

Mohan

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:04 PM
  • I don't know where to post this question, but since nature of question looks like some OS related, I am posting here. 

I have a bitmap and a text in a spread. I am painting the  bitmap using SetTypePictureHandle and text color through setcolor(). And also at the end I am doing Invalidaterect() for combined rect of Bitmap and text. 

Lets say for bitmap I have rect1 and for text I have rect2. I comibned these two using unionrect

lets say rect3.UnionRect(rect1 ,rect2), then Invalidating through Invalidaterect(rect3)

I am facing a problem of flicker in windows 7, windows server 2008 but not on windows server 2003 OS. 

Can someone help me to avoid this in windows 7 and windows server 2008?

Mohan

Try with windows classic style. Which programming language you are using.Could you post code?

Thanks, Renjith V R

Friday, May 10, 2013 12:26 PM