none
Enable search as I type on WDS 4.0

Question

• Hello

I have installed 4.0 ,now there is no typing in the search box even though the option is activated

from the Deskbar Options. Anybody know why??

First impression of WDS 4.0 is not very good. There do not appear to be any features added. On one machine it will not search unless the search window is displayed on the desktop as opposed to the quick view

Any help would be appreciated

Monday, March 31, 2008 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We never heard about this issue. Can you please describe the issue you encounter in mroe detail?

Which Searchbar on your system encounters the issue? The box in the taskbar? The  Search windows (Start->Search)?

What happens if you klick into the search box? Is the cursor blinking afterwards?

Which OS version do you use? Did the installation went through successfully?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We never heard about this issue. Can you please describe the issue you encounter in mroe detail?

Which Searchbar on your system encounters the issue? The box in the taskbar? The  Search windows (Start->Search)?

What happens if you klick into the search box? Is the cursor blinking afterwards?

Which OS version do you use? Did the installation went through successfully?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:25 AM
  • I'm also experiencing an issue with "Enable Search As I Type".  The option is no longer working.  When I insert my cursor in the Desktop search bar, a little toolbar appears above the search field with options for "Search Desktop" and "Search Web".  I have to click the Search Desktop button to activate the search.  When I first installed the tool a popup pane would appear as I typed my search, but this is no longer happening although I made no changes to the environment.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:49 PM
  • i have the same problem as jssilver.   any proposed solutions to this problem,  on xp pro sp 2
    astro46
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:36 AM