none
Windows 8 - MS Chinese IME

Question

• I am having problems with the Windows 8 Chinese IMEs that are available for download.  When a text field in my application has focus, the IME becomes disabled.  The Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and other IMEs I tested work fine.  There are no issues with Windows 7.

I used an English Windows 8 and downloaded the various IMEs.   I also used a non-localized version of our application.  Our testers have confirmed that this problem exists with the localized version of our application running in a localized version of Windows 8, as well.

Are there restrictions for the Chinese IMEs to work?  I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to ensure that our application is compatible with MS's Chinese IMEs for Windows 8.  Is there somewhere I can look this up?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:18 PM

Answers

• Found the solution.  The UI was not running in STA, which the Chinese IME appears to require.  Changing the threading to be STA resolved the issue.  Now the question is, why is the Chinese IMEs (all of them) the only ones requiring this?  Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and Hindi are fine running MTA.
    • Marked as answer by joontae Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:31 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:31 AM

All replies

• Found the solution.  The UI was not running in STA, which the Chinese IME appears to require.  Changing the threading to be STA resolved the issue.  Now the question is, why is the Chinese IMEs (all of them) the only ones requiring this?  Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and Hindi are fine running MTA.
    • Marked as answer by joontae Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:31 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:31 AM
  • Hi Joontae,

Im facing similar issue, but it is irrespective of windows version I use.

Could you please let me know how do you run UI in STA ?

Its very urgent & blocking our customer from running this flow.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks, 

Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:05 PM
  • My UI is based on JSF & Java framework. Do you still think it could be because of STA ?

Appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:29 PM