none
WeatherBug Gadget

Question

• Hi,

What is being done about the WeatherBug gadget in Windows7 sidebar not functioning anymore after installing IE9? I used it frequently and I'm missing it.

Thanking you in advance,

Bill Cobb

• Moved by eryang Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:04 AM (From:Visual Studio Code Analysis and Code Metrics)
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:00 AM

All replies

• Better solution :

This can be fixed by a simple edit on the weatherbug's "BackgroundImageController.js" file.

To apply, go to the gadget's directory (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\WeatherBug.Gadget) and edit BackgroundImageController.js.

Add one line :

document.body.style.background = "transparent";

Prior to the if-then-else(else,else,else)

The result should look like this :

BackgroundImageController.prototype.setImage = function ()
    {
    document.body.style.background = "transparent";

if(this.isInitialized == false) // show loading bg
    document.body.style.background = "url(loading.png)";
    else if(this.updateAvailable == true) // show update bg
    document.body.style.background = "url(../../../images/backgrounds/other/update.png)";
    else if(this.isSetup == false) // show setup bg
    document.body.style.background = "url(setup.png)";
    else if(this.isLarge == false) // show mini bg
    document.body.style.background = "url(../../../images/backgrounds/mini/" + this.dayOrNight + "/" + this.getCurrentMouseState() + ")";
    else // show large bg
    document.body.style.background = "url(../../../images/backgrounds/" + this.section + "/" + this.getSubFolder() + this.getCurrentMouseState() + ")";
    }

This reduces the flicker and eliminates the white border entirely when the mouse is not over the gadget. It still flickers slightly then mouseover occurs, but that's entirely better than the way it was.

Restart Sidebar, or close and reopen the gadget to take effect.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Thank you! Thank you!

This line fixed the System Monitor gadget (the pointy white corner thing)!

http://buildagadget.com/wsg-system-monitor/

Before, I had to resize it to fix it (add another module). Now I have to resize it to break it, which is much, much better! >D

Monday, November 07, 2011 12:37 PM