none
how to burn DVD on Windows XP?

Question

•  

Hi,

it is possible to record data on DVD on XP (not using e.g. Nero SDK or similar).
    i want to develop an application in c++ for DVD Burning. will you please guide me that what i can use for it. as i read IMAPI v2 provides DVD Burning on Vista. is it possible on XP alos by using IMAPI v2.

thanks
    Parul

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:27 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Parul,

Today, there is no Microsoft-supplied API for XP, although we've been looking at providing the IMAPIv2 API set for Windows XP users.  May I suggest that you ask us again in about a week? Smile

Thanks!

Monday, June 25, 2007 4:04 PM
  • OK, it didn't quite take a full week. Smile

Look at the newest announcement!

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1784866&SiteID=1

We hope you love it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for replying.

i will ty to use the IMAPI v2. is really a great help for me to get this API Set.

where i can find the sample code for it?

Thanks

Monday, July 02, 2007 11:56 AM
  • Hello jain30,

You can find our samples in the Windows Vista SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4377f86d-c913-4b5c-b87e-ef72e5b4e065&displaylang=en). 

All of our documentation and some scripting samples are also available online at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366450.aspx.

Please post here if you have any trouble with the API or any questions about using it!

thanks,

Garrett Jacobson

SDE, Optical Platform Group

Monday, July 02, 2007 4:14 PM
  • Hi!
    Could you tell me what to do, I'we downloaded :
    "Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) for Windows XP (KB932716)"
    which produced with:
    - GenuineCheck.exe,
    - WGAPluginInstall.exe, and
    - WindowsXP-KB932716-x86-ENU.exe.
    Now I run all of them, what is next to do? How to import Imapi v2 to my project (in XP, VC6++)?
    Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:51 AM
  • Hi Josip,

You need to get the headers / IDL / TLB for IMAPIv2, which is currently only shipped via the

Vista SDK.

Hope that helps,

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Hi Garrett,

can you tell me how to use the scripting samples? I have a hard time finding out how to get them to work. I'm using VB 2005 (not familair with C) and have only a little VBScript experience in webpages. De code samples for VBScript do not work in a webpage. I also tried putting them in a file with a .js extension but then I get errors on every line as well. I'm now on an XP system, (installed the patch for XP) and switching to Vista 64 shortly.

I'm trying to automate burning (double) DVDs with RAW images from my DSLR camera. The idea is to collect images on two HDs from my CF cards until I have 4GB, burn two DVDs simultaniously, verify them and then mark the images as 'backupped' so they can be safely deleted when I'm finished with them.

Thanks

Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:59 PM
  • Hello Stampede,

There shouldn't be much special that you need to do.  I usually run my scripts from a command prompt using 'cscript <script-name>'...

Which script example are you trying to run that has errors?  I'd be glad to try and help once I know a little more about what problem you're having...

Also, please start a new post on this issue so that we can make one clear, helpful thread for people having scripting issues =)

thanks,

Garrett Jacobson

SDE, OPG

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:20 PM
  • hi,

i downloaded the link provided and i still cant burn a dvd without using nero

is it possible to burn a dvd using xp ?

i thought i read below that you can only use vista

thanks

Sunday, December 30, 2007 7:29 AM