none
"Failed to query TCP/IP settings"

Question

•  

Hey guys, how's it going??

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not so just ignore or move, sorry for the waste.

Okay, I have a 4 year old Dell XPS running Microsoft XP that was just reformatted. After the reformat, everything is running great except that I cannot open webpages or send/recieve any packets. It says I am connected at 400 Mbps when before the reformat it was 1000 Mbps. I tried to set up a network but when I go through all the steps it just says "You are now finished." I also tried both automatically and manually entering the TCP/IP addresses. When I try to repair a connection it states "Windows cannot finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot completed. Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed." I've unplugged the routers several times and rebooted even more. There also were 3 or 4 types of connections before the reformat. Now there are only 1394 Connections 1 and 2. There is no 'QoS packet' in any of the properties of either. When I run 'ipconfig' in command it says Windows IP Configuration and than goes back to the cursor. I am fairly non-computer literate so excuse me if I am leaving out any thing or  have difficulty understanding your answers. The router and modem have to be working fine I assume because I still get internet on my laptop. So maybe something with the motherboard drivers or something else that I am missing. Thank you for your time in reading this and/or help! I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not so just ignore or move, sorry for the waste.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:39 AM

All replies