none
Remote Desktop Services on Server 2012

Question

• Hi All,

I have a question about RDS on Server 2012 - I don't know if this is the right place to ask it. Appologies if it's not.

I've been asked to setup Server 2012 to test the functionality of RDS. The company wants users to be able to access their office desktops from home with minimum effort and want to use this to do it.

I've setup the server and successfully installed RDS. I can connect to the web interface and access VM's hosted on the box. I can also publish the Remote Desktop Connection from the server and can successfully connect to an office PC through it. I've been told that there is too many steps and too much user interaction for this to be successful. Is there any way to either create a seperate profile for each user that logs into the site so they have an option to connect to their Office PC through Remote Desktop (pre-configured with hostname) or run a script to automate this process based on username?

I'm still working on the Single Sign On, as currently I need to authenticate 4 times, but not sussed that yet!

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:55 AM