none
MSDNAA: SDC files will not unpack

Question

• I'm a faculty member at Santa Rosa Jr. College and a long time member of MSDNAA. I have no idea where exactly where to post this so I'll just take a stab at it and someone can tell me where to repost if necessary. I have been trying for days now to download and install any of the Windows server products from MSDNAA - 2003 Standard, 2003 Enterprise, or any of the available flavors of Server 2008. Every time the download is completed, the download/installer client claims that it's checking the .SDC file CRC, but the process gets no CPU time and there is no disk activity at all. I left one of them (2003 Enterprise) running for over 24 hours and the status bar never changed from the left hand corner. The problem seems to be particular to those files that are encrypted in the .SDC format as I have d/l other MS products and have not experienced this problem. I don't necessarily expect any help on this, although it is compromising some of my educational objectives (ones that I can work around with non-MS products if I have to). But I hope that if there are any MS folks monitoring this forum, you'll pass on the information her to those who manage these things. Thanks! Sean
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:08 AM

All replies

• Today i tried to download Windows 7 and had exactly the same problem. Restarting or selecting different location didn't help. I downloaded over 10 different files this year and everything worked as it should. I tried to download the file from Faculty of EE & Computing in Zagreb, Croatia.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:00 PM
  • I also had this problem downloading Server 2008. Download completed several times with different locations and using the new and older version of the downloader, all fail to unpack.

Edit: I am now downloading it from Microsoft's website as a trial and plan on using my key to upgrade. For Server 2008 R2 the link is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd459137 Im sure there are other things that this process can be repeated for.

• Edited by jfdmello Friday, February 10, 2012 4:30 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 4:24 PM