none
What is conime.exe

General discussion

• I have reviewed some of the questions about conime.exe here and none of them seem to answer what exactly conime.exe is.  Could someone please explain whether this is normal or not?  Every once in a while it shows up in my taskmanager but to date I am not experiencing any problems because of it...it just makes me wonder.  When I google it, some people say it is a virus, others say it's a bug in Vista, other's say it's perfectly normal to run, others say it should only show up if you are using an Asian languaged based version of Vista.  I'm so confused and would like to know if I need to do something about this BEFORE it becomes a problem.  It appears that it was installed on my computer during a regular Windows update along with several other updates so I'm thinking it's entirely normal and legit but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hey Rookie32.  I thought the same thing and found this article from ProcessLibrary.com.  (http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/conime/)

"conime.exe is a part of the the Microsoft Windows Operating System and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer.\r . This process is used when a Asian laguage is used in Windows."

I hope this helps.

Sunday, June 06, 2010 1:47 PM