none
Simple Temp monitor gadget

Question

• I dont know any programming. I want to creat a gadget for my vista 64bit machine... i want to see the the Temp in "C" for my cpu and motherboard. transparent background for the gadget and a simple text display of any font size... Everybody has cpu usage monitors, but no temp mpnitors... Unless you guys know of a place with more gadgets to look through.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2008 8:19 AM

Answers

• There were a couple of temp monitors on Gallery last I checked, though they all rely on external apps and may not work on a 64-bit machine.  The reason why so few exist is because temperature information is not available in any standardized way, unlike CPU and memory usage.  Each motherboard manufacturer reports temp information in a different way, and even stand-alone apps can't always keep up with the many different interfaces available.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:04 PM

All replies

• There were a couple of temp monitors on Gallery last I checked, though they all rely on external apps and may not work on a 64-bit machine.  The reason why so few exist is because temperature information is not available in any standardized way, unlike CPU and memory usage.  Each motherboard manufacturer reports temp information in a different way, and even stand-alone apps can't always keep up with the many different interfaces available.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:04 PM
  • i am having trouble with the temperature gadget. I have a sony vaio. It says the gadget is not available for either my language or city. But i´ve had computers with vista, both in portuguese and english and I had no trouble with that gadget. Is there anything i can do
    Monday, October 06, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Well, i can send you the copy of such gadget, working together with Hmonitor utility.

For details, visit www.hmonitor.com

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:22 PM
  •  

http://blog.orbmu2k.de/sidebar-gadgets/quad-core-usage-sidebar-gadget#more-25

This one works with Everest, Speedfan, HWMon & Coretemp these utility's all work on Vista x64

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:20 PM