none
Optical Drive Device Locked

Question

• Hi I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but on Vista Ultimate, I am receiving "Optical Drive Device Locked Optical Drive Device Locked " on boot up, and my DVD drive is not accessible.  Any suggestions?

Acer TravelMate 8204WLMi laptop.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hi, this forum is geared towards software developers, so you probably won't find your answer here.  I would suggest you contact your hardware manufacturer for support at http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm

Also, here's the link for general Vista Issues:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/techsupport/default.mspx

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Thanks for the advice.  I did a bit more research, and found that the problem was related to Acer's E-Lock software.  Although I have never configured it, it became active on it's own (somehome).  To resolve the problem, I had to configure the software (specif a password etc) and the lock, and unlock the drives.  Everything became unlocked from that point. 
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:20 PM
  • The problem was related to Acer's E-Lock software.  Although I have never configured it, it became active on it's own (somehome).  To resolve the problem, I had to configure the software (specif a password etc) and the lock, and unlock the drives.  Everything became unlocked from that point.  You can also just remove the software altogether, and the problem should be resolved.  Good luck!

Sunday, April 27, 2008 11:53 AM

All replies

• Hi, this forum is geared towards software developers, so you probably won't find your answer here.  I would suggest you contact your hardware manufacturer for support at http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm

Also, here's the link for general Vista Issues:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/techsupport/default.mspx

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:43 PM
  • You might also try contacting Acer.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:14 PM
  • Thanks for the advice.  I did a bit more research, and found that the problem was related to Acer's E-Lock software.  Although I have never configured it, it became active on it's own (somehome).  To resolve the problem, I had to configure the software (specif a password etc) and the lock, and unlock the drives.  Everything became unlocked from that point. 
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:20 PM
  • I am having Aspire 5611AWLMi and i facing the same problem after upgrading to vista could you mail me the solution you have found. Tx
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 10:06 PM
  • If you still have a problem send me an email I can take you thru how to fix this problem. Mine did that and I managed to get a tool to fix it.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:06 AM
  •  

Hi

I have an acer aspire 5610z and my optical drive has been locked for no reason. How can I unlock my DVD drive. My dvd drive works fine in safe mode but has problem when I login in normal mode. Looks like some program or service is locking my dvd drive. Can you give me the tool which helped you fix the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:55 AM
  • emaIl me on dicky_au@hotmail.com and I will send you the zipped file with instructions on how to unlock your device

Friday, August 24, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Yeah, I was having the same problem. Emulated optical drives are locked too. So I just went ahead to add remove programs and removed Acer Elock Management. It's useless anyways, never used it in my life. My Drives work fine now! So to everyone having this problem: REMOVE ACER ELOCK MANAGEMENT and your drives will get unlocked!
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:30 PM
  • Hi eunlocker

I have this problem and I found you by doing a Google search on Acer optical drive locked.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how you fixed it!

Cheers

RT99
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:34 AM
  • Hi eunlocker

I have the same problem with Acer optical drive locked. I found your post doing a Google search on that term. I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how you solved it!

cheers

RT99
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:36 AM
  • The problem was related to Acer's E-Lock software.  Although I have never configured it, it became active on it's own (somehome).  To resolve the problem, I had to configure the software (specif a password etc) and the lock, and unlock the drives.  Everything became unlocked from that point.  You can also just remove the software altogether, and the problem should be resolved.  Good luck!

Sunday, April 27, 2008 11:53 AM
  • I can help. I have software I got from acer and if you emil me I will attach the file which you will run on your pc and you can then configure your dcd burner etc and unlock them

cheers

Friday, May 09, 2008 11:26 AM
  •  The Tachi man wrote:
    Yeah, I was having the same problem. Emulated optical drives are locked too. So I just went ahead to add remove programs and removed Acer Elock Management. It's useless anyways, never used it in my life. My Drives work fine now! So to everyone having this problem: REMOVE ACER ELOCK MANAGEMENT and your drives will get unlocked!

Thank you!! You really helped!!!

Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:49 AM
  •  eunlocker wrote:
    If you still have a problem send me an email I can take you thru how to fix this problem. Mine did that and I managed to get a tool to fix it.

Hi Iam having the same problem with my Acer Aspire 5610 Laptop I removed the Elock manager and my drive is still locked. Yes I tried restarting the computer any more advice would be appreciated Thank You

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:15 AM
  • Install eLock -> run eLock -> sett password -> lock the drive -> close eLock -> run eLock again -> unlock the drive <--This worked on my acer.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Could you send this software to me too?

Thanks already
    Friday, November 28, 2008 12:16 PM
  • please can you send me the fix for acer e-lock manager, I also have a problem with it and have lost the pasword to unlock my drives.
    my e-mail is mikey-38@msn.com.

thank you.
    Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:57 AM
  • hi i just figure out today.....
    i'm very happy now...
    thanks god...

first u need to uninstall all the acer Empowering T stuffz...
    then u need a registry mechanics to repair the dvd drive icons....and puff..
    it works :D

buy the registry mechanic or download it free
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:46 PM
  • please send me the file to run on my pc to unlock my optical drrive. I uninstalled the elock manager but i am still getting the locked message and cannot us my disk drive. Thanks
    Friday, July 23, 2010 2:46 PM