none
Offline Files Synchronization Error "Parameter is incorrect

All replies

• This forum is for help in writing software, if you need help using software written by others, try the software's forum instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:00 PM
  • So what you are telling me is this site cannot help me with just anything.  It only helps for writing software.  Is that correct?

By the way, I got my answer but not from this group.  I am posting in case someone else needs this answered

If you cannot access the Offline Files tab, use this method to reinitialize the Offline Files (CSC) cache on the system by modifying the registry. Use this method also to reinitialize the offline files database/client-side cache on multiple systems. Add the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache
    Key Name: FormatDatabase
    Key Type: DWORD
    Key Value: 1

Note The actual value of the registry key is ignored. This registry change requires a restart. When the computer is restarting, the shell will reinitialize the CSC cache and then delete the registry key if the registry entry exists.

Warning All cache files are deleted and unsynchronized data is lost

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Yes, the msdn in the url means Microsoft Developer Network. You are in the wrong web site. Microsoft Software consumer forums are on the Microsoft Answer web site.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:53 PM