none
Sound Mixer Device

All replies

• i would like to know how do u get mixer device again because it just uninstall by itself and now i cant hear no music or sound from the internet i need some help
    • Proposed as answer by stardjo22 Friday, July 31, 2009 7:58 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:16 AM
  • Ive got the saae problem and did all the methods that i could find on the internet but still no avail!!!tried altering machine.inf, services.msc and also msconfig ............Still nothing!!!

i even bought a new soundcard (previous was a creative labs audigy platinum which i think still works)

is there anyone who can sort this problem out as i cant be bothered to reinstall the whole xp and then add all the programs on again!!!

• Proposed as answer by smurf dog Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:59 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2007 6:18 PM
  • i am having the same problem please help
    • Proposed as answer by algia Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:39 PM
    Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:57 AM
  •  Anonymous3423423 wrote:
    It says i have none installed, i have sound and my speakers are fine. Explain?
    • Proposed as answer by HaR52VeY Friday, August 19, 2011 3:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by HaR52VeY Friday, August 19, 2011 3:44 AM
    Friday, June 08, 2007 11:03 PM
  • also attempted these nothing seems to work and i cant afford to take it to a shop!

anyone got any ideas??
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:27 PM
  • I have "no audio mixer devices installed." PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    • Proposed as answer by ntoz Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:03 PM
    Saturday, July 07, 2007 4:32 AM
  • i cannot hear from my speakers even though they are on and is installed correctly.wheni try t o play the media player it says install audio device or no audio device  is installled
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:03 AM
  • I have had same problem in the past. It usually derives from switching or installing new operating systems especially if the operating systems are missing a good portion of the proper devices. This is what I have found out.1. The motherboard resources under system in device manager do not have drivers and a couple other little devices under system don't either. The motherboards do a good portion of the controlling of media devices so goto device manager under system and click on mother boards and check the properties there it will tell you if the drivers are not installed for the motherboards. 2. At the same time while you are in there meaning device manager check out the properties on all the audio and video devices the same way to see for one if they are enabled and two if they need drivers. 3. And this is one that alot of people do not think about. When you start up the computer log into your bios system which is the heart of your computer by mashing F2 right when it starts coming up. Scroll through each set of lists in bios (careful though do not change anything) and try to find where it says audio enabled or Disabled then Enable it. Save settings and exit. If this does not help make sure you have all the devices required for audio looking in hardware wizard or device manager. Check all of this thoroughly and it might just be the answer. Because this is what has to be done in emergency situations when you cannot get sound and you have a soundcard. Most of the time it is not having the soundcard that is the problem. Goodluck! If you want to ask more email me at chad.35@hotmail.com and I would be happy to discuss it further. There is a possibilty you do not the motherboard resources. The MIDI sound mixer is usually in media controll devices under sound, video and game controller devices manager you can get to device manager quick by clicking start scroll to computer right click and click manage it takes you there. Click on device manager and you are there.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:18 PM
  • i need new sound mixer device becuase old one got erased an now i have no sound.

• Proposed as answer by ntoz Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:32 PM
  •  Doh Deveossie wrote:

i need new sound mixer device becuase old one got erased an now i have no sound.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:36 PM
  • i have no sound and dont know what to do

how can i get my sound back
    Monday, August 20, 2007 11:52 PM
  •  

Saturday, August 25, 2007 6:01 PM
  • I CAN NO LONGER GET ANY SOUND FROM MY COMPUTER.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:14 AM
  • I have no audia device.  I have seen a message on screen that says "there is no active mixers". Please help me I am exhausted from attempting to figure this out on my own.  Would appreciate all the help I can get.  Thank-you in advance.  ladybugkc

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:50 AM
  • pleas help me with a sound software for my IBM laptop p4

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:48 AM
  • what do you mean by IT SAYS? Windows media player or the computer itself? If I know that I probably can tell you.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:29 PM
  • The sound mixer is usually the AUDIO CONTROLLER so goto add hardware and see if you can find the AC/97 Audio Controller. The sound mixer is the audio controller. Everyone looking for sound mixer in hardware will not find it because its name in hardware is audio controller. If you cannot find it respond back and I will help.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:45 PM
  • You need an audio controller. It is the right term for sound mixer.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:46 PM
  • You need an audio controller you will find it in add hardware. AC/97 Audio Controller is campatible with most windows operating systems.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:47 PM
  • You need an audio controller. Goto add hardware and find a compatible audio controller. If you get that and still have trouble respond back and I will help. If you have windows try to find AC/97 Audio controller.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:49 PM
  • You need an Audio controller goto add hardware and see if you can find one. For windows AC/97 Audio controller is compatible.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:52 PM
  • You need a new audio controller goto add hardware and see if you can get a new audio controller if you have windows try AC/97 Audio Controller.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:55 PM
  • It is saying you need a new audio controller. Goto add hardware and try to find an audio controller. AC/97 Audio controller is compatible with windows systems.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:57 PM
  • Goto add hardware and see if you can find a AC/97 AUDIO CONTROLLER. The sound mixer is usually the audio controller. These are what all you need in device manager for sound under sound and game controllers. Then got add or remove windows programs in the left column under add or remove windows components check all and click continue if it prompts you for the operating CD put it in and click continue this will configure all the components in the system correctly. These are what you need for audio in device manager under SOUND AND GAME CONTROLLERS:

1. LEGACY AUDIO DRIVER

2.AUDIO CODECS

3.VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICES

4.REALTEK AC/97 AUDIO CONTROLLER

5.VIDEO CODECS

6.AUREAL VORTEX GAME PORT

7.MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES

8.UNIMODEM HALF DUPLEX AUDIO DEVICE

All of these are in add hardware for windows systems. Then the only thing left to do is goto start menu and then click on run and enter SERVICES.MSC nd make sure anything related to audio is started and set to automatic instead of manual and you can do the by clicking on each ones properties. Get back to me when you are done and I will help further.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:25 PM
  • Hey I have all of these devices listed except for RealTEK AC/97 Audio Controller, Aureal Vortex Game Port, and Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device.  I recently took my laptop and they cleared my hard drive, so I'm guessing that they must have deleted some of my audio devices.  I have Windows XP and my laptop is a DEL XPS M140.  And when I go to the Control Panel and select Sounds and Audio Devices, nothing is highlighted.  It just says no audio device, and under device volume its at low and it won't let me adjust it.  So whats the best way to resolve this problem in your opinion.  Thanks alot.

Ryan

Friday, August 31, 2007 7:58 PM
  • I am having the same problem what did you do to fix yours

Friday, September 07, 2007 7:35 PM
  •  

installed windows XP l have no sound, please help.
    Saturday, September 08, 2007 1:41 AM
  • I too have the same problem. I have installed XP as an Upgrade to Win 2000.

Sound works fine in Win 2000 but not XP. All driver are correct, and the Audio Service is running Ok.

Any feedback appreciated.  

Sunday, September 09, 2007 12:16 PM
  • I wanted to let you know that I got my sound back when I ran a virus scan cd on my computer.

my sound was being held by another player and once I ran the cd defender pro 5in1 and scaned my dll errors were found but I clean my hard drive  with the cd and had music

Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Hello, I was just wondering if you did ever get this problem fixed?? im having the same problem, and have been trying to solve this for days!!

Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:20 PM
  • which Virus cleaner did you use? that made it work?

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:17 AM
  • I would just like to know,  once and for all - the following:
    Is the Mixer Device no longer available in computers, because it has been
    cut out of Windows Vista.

I have been looking at notebooks in all the price ranges and find the only
    way to record computer generated sound with a Vista machine is by placing a
    microphone next to a loudspeaker.  Is this correct????

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:57 PM
  •  

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:59 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    i would like to know how do u get mixer device again because it just uninstall by itself and now i cant hear no music or sound from the internet i need some help
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:57 AM
  • I have Windows XP, I have no sound, it says "no audio Device", I also get "no active mixer device".

I gone to services.msc and Windows Audio is set to Automatic and started.

Can You help?

Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:53 PM
  • I have all of the hardware you listed (some twice) except RealTek AC/Audio Controller. Do I need to delete the duplicated hardware??? Thanks

Monday, September 17, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Goto control panel and add hardware and look for the audio controller once you have it sound settings should light up.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:29 AM
  • Have you configured all windows components yet?

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:31 AM
  • Try to obtain all the drivers listed above and get back to me. You have to get them from add hardware.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:32 AM
  • That is great news sometimes you can get the same results from gonfiguring windows. I am pleased to hear the news.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:34 AM
  • That is great news sometimes configuring windows components can do the same thing.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:35 AM
  • A lot of times it will not let you uninstall them. So you can leave them. Unless you notice a conflict in your audio they want really be an issue but if they do let me know.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:38 AM
  • there are a few instruction on page two of this forum.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:40 AM
  • Try to goto control panel and add hardware and all the things listed on page two of this forum and get back to me.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:42 AM
  • When I look under Systems/devices/sound videio and game controllers - all that is listed is

'Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec

Sound top recorder

I went into Add Hardware, selected Sigmatel, it started installing and then I got the following error message

'An error occurred during the installation of the device.

device attached to the systems is not functioning'.

What does it all mean????

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:22 PM
  • That means that the device is probably not compatible. If you get an error code goto help and support and put in that error message and it will tell you why you are receiving it. When you goto add hardware have it show all devices instead of just sound devices look through all of them and find just a standard audio codecs. Then try to find the AC 97 audio controller. The message you received is normal because it is just saying that it does not have all the things needed to run that codec. Try to find the standard sound devices and the sound mixer is the audio controller so dont try to find sound mixer it is not in that way. The audio codecs should be a standard system device not neccessarily one with a name like sigma tel. Get back to me and I will help you more.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:42 PM
  •  John Claffey wrote:

I have Windows XP, I have no sound, it says "no audio Device", I also get "no active mixer device".

I gone to services.msc and Windows Audio is set to Automatic and started.

Can You help?

Monday, October 01, 2007 4:31 AM
  • Goto add hardware in control panel or wherever your add hardware is and search for hardware yourself dont let the computer do it. Then scroll down to sound devices and searchthem for an AC/97 audio controller that should fix it get back to me if you have problems doing so and we will go from there.

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:52 PM
  • I have just had a long online session with Dell, using the remote supprt where they take control ofmy notebook and correct the problem I have been having. (I was unable to do any recording on my machine.) They fixed things, so I can now record, BUT there is no Volume or Recording mixers that are in XP - so I gather that Vista itself, doesn't have this option. Is this correct?

Rosie
    Wednesday, October 03, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Most likely it is because you do not have an audio controller. It is in add hardware. Find a compatible audio controller such as AC/97 audio controller. This controller is what gives you the abilty to adjust the sound for everything. Most people think it is called a sound mixer but the truth is that it is an audio controller. Find that and you should be good to go.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:19 PM
  • I need to add this. Vista uses the SIGMA TEL AUDIO CODEC in add hardware.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:37 PM
  • I am using Vista. The Device Manager, 'sound video and game controllers' only shows Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec - nothing else. Clicked on the Sigmatel icon in the Control Panel and that only shows 'Allow reconfiguration pop-ups' with the option to click a box, which is enabled. Unfortunately, using search, the only reference I can find to AC97 is a file in a systems file in the wdma folder. It looks as if Vista doesn't have the option of installing an Audio Controller!!!!
    Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:43 PM
  • I have many computers all with different operating systems. One of them is a sony vaio with Vista Home Premium. I will find out what is wrong and help you fix it. Let me do some investigating on this matter and I will get back to you. Just to make sure of your problem you cannot get any sounds to come out and you cannot get audio settings to light up to adjust. Is this correct?

Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:37 PM
  • I am able to get sound in my Vista machine, but I cannot record computer generated sound. My second computer has XP installed and when I select 'stereo mix' in the audio controller in this, I am able to record a two way video conference session. Can't do this with Vista!
    Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:38 PM
  •  

i would like to know how do u get mixer device again because it just uninstall by itself and now i cant hear no music or sound from the internet i need some help
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:32 AM
  •  

Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:34 AM
  • i would like to know how do u get mixer device again because it just uninstall by itself and now i cant hear no music or sound from the internet i need some help

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:40 PM
  • goto add hardware in control panel and then search for audio devices yourself instead of letting the computer do it. See if you  can fond the same device and install it. If you can do it then restart the computer. If that does not work let me know and I will help further.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 5:53 AM
  •  

MY COMPUTER SAYS THAT I HAVE AUDIO DEVICE BUT I DONT HAVE A MIXER DEVICE AND THATA WHY I CAN NOT HERE ANYTHING FROM MY SPEAKERS
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:08 PM
  • i need new sound mixer device becuase old one got erased an now i have no sound.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:10 PM
  • I have looked for all of the things you have told me to chad, but I do not have an AV 97 audio Contoller. Is there something else I should look for?

Monday, October 29, 2007 2:53 AM
  • I WANT SOUNDS ON NOW

EYTY6G7FF7GUGYUSRAMAJIDYOP[;

Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:01 PM
  • I WANT SOUNDS ON NOW

EYTY6G7FF7GUGYUSRAMAJIDYOP[;

Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:01 PM
  • So What can I do to get sound on for you

Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:04 PM
  •  

Hi,

i'm having teh same problem. Did you get a fix to it as yet. Ifso please share-

thanks

Sharon1

Saturday, November 24, 2007 3:06 AM
  •  

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:25 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    yes

Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:30 AM
  • PLEASE HELP ME I NEED THE SOUND BACK

Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:59 PM
  • missing all is = sounds and audio devices properties

unimodem half-duplex audio device    sound ,vid...     riptide bus/firmware downloader    sound  ,vid......                 riptide input  device   riptide audecs device   riptide gameport      and missing is  in xp sound hardware test wizard    system standby hibernates        ?   prompt for password  when computer reumes from standby   HELP   ME!!!!!!
    Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Do you have a recovery disk for your operating system? The reason I ask is that it would be the first thing I tried or maybe using the disk to add and configure all windows components. As far as the password is concerned once you are in your desktop screen you can goto control panel under user accounts and cancel out any required passwords and make there be no passwords. The best thing to do is to try loading up a new operating system or recoverying the old one. Get back to me and I will help you further. There are many ways to get around this issue. However because so many things are missing you might as well try to redo the system itself and start fresh. What kind of computer do you have? also I need to know because I can guide you further in getting some help in other places. And some adjustments can be made in the bios system but that depends on whether you need the password to get into it.

Monday, December 31, 2007 12:41 AM
  •  

i have my laptop it keep says i have no sound device installe in my laptop i dont know what to do
    Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:49 PM
  • i dont know

Monday, January 07, 2008 2:45 PM
  • how do i get sound mixer?

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:25 AM
  • Go to driveguide.com download driverguide toolkit install to  your comp. and it'll tell you what exactly drive you need .

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:15 PM
  • Hi i had the same problem to try this site and run the program and let me know if it works my email adress is cl_burford@yahoo.com .

www.e4allupgraders.info/dir3/phfilesz/drivers/audio/WDM_A403.exe copy it onto you search bar hope it works for you it did for me write me back if it works

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:29 PM
  • Hey. It's not av 97 it's ac 97 audio controller. But that does not mean it is not there. Sometimes what you can do if you can not find it in add hardware you can find it through device manager. This is something that can be done to get to that screen where the audio controller may be. Goto add hardware and install an audio component either under the system category or the microsoft category and install it. It may not be compatible but don't worry about that because we are going to use it to get something else. Once installed goto start menu click on my  computer and scroll to manage then click on device manager. Once you are in device manager find under sounds and other devices the audio driver or whatever you installed from add hardware. Then right click it and goto properties. In the properties goto driver then click on update driver. Now it is going to ask if you want windows to search but you do not:you want to search yourself then hit next. The next screen will ask you where do you want it to look for it. You click in the box I'll look for it myself. The next screen may show the audio driver or what have you that you installed now uncheck the box that says show compatible drivers and a list of bunnch of drivers will come up,search through everyone of them until you find something that says audio controller,it may even say ac/97 audio controller. Get back to me.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:45 AM
  • It could also mean you need an audio controller. Tell me in device manager all the audio drives you have listed and I can help you in more detail as well.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:50 AM
  • Even faster click start click run and put in dxdiag. Then look through each menu and write down what drivers you have under music or sounds. If that doesn't tell you the click start right click my computer then scroll to manage then click on device manager and then scroll down to sound devices and click the plus sign all the things of that nature are there as well. If you write them down and get back to me I will help you further.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:56 AM
  • I just installed Windows Crystal Edition 2007 and have the media player, but no sound. I do have a system

hooked into it called Regent. Need to know how to get sound. Please help.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Goto start menu then right click on my computer and scroll to manage click manage then click device manager in the console tree then widen the page that comes up scroll down to find sound devices and click on the plus sign. Tell me what is listed and I will help you further.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:25 AM
  •  Doh Deveossie wrote:

i need new sound mixer device becuase old one got erased an now i have no sound.

Monday, February 11, 2008 4:54 PM
  • when i had this problem i went to control panel

then clicked on add hardware

then yes i conected it

at the bottem click add new device

and install hardware i select manually

then sound, video and game controllers

then i went through all the labled audio drivers one by one till one worked im not a pro so i dont know if it will work for you

but it is better then nothing

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:19 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:22 PM
  •  

thats what im trying to figure out
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:42 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    Friday, February 22, 2008 10:19 PM
  • this coputer is a second hand but there,s no sound because no sound device,s there ....looking for help.  thnx alot

Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:49 PM
  •  Anonymous624 wrote:
    I have "no audio mixer devices installed." PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:56 PM
  •  

Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:59 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    Friday, March 14, 2008 11:41 PM
  • plz
    Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:17 AM
  • Hi Chad!

I have done all you said and read all the forum all the way.

Updated windows updates. Revised BIOS. Clean my computer with NOD32 antivirus. (If possible threat was holding my audio to play or by another program)

I have gone to device manager and check all the component. Apperantly had all of then exept RealTEK AC/97 Audio Controller, Aureal Vortex Game Port, and Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device. I went to add hardware, did it manually and add AC/97 AUDIO CONTROLLER. When i go back to device manager i see, under Sound, video and game controllers, the following components:

LEGACY AUDIO DRIVER

AUDIO CODECS

VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICES

VIA AC/97 AUDIO CONTROLLER (!)

VIDEO CODECS

MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES

SIGMA TEL HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC

Next to VIA AC/97 there is a yellow examation mark that does not permit the audio to play yet!

I been trying to figure this out for long time(what happened is that i erased accidentally, unistalling a syncronize program from windows media player), tried various things from different blogs and nothing seems to fix it.

Please give me hand here! I think it may be somthing i have not seen, or miss.

Thank you!

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:07 PM
  • You will need the unimodem and aureal game port and you can find it in add harware under show all devices usually.(in control panel). Usually the reasons the devices will have these error codes is because the device cannot find its drivers required to operate it or the device is not compatible with the OS. Alot of devices in device manager under each's properties you will see the resources needed to operate the device. Everything relies on each other in some way and with sound it takes a few things to work one and vice versa. Once you have all the regular drivers you can surf the Internet and type DOWNLOAD REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER. If it does not take correctly or you need to know how to install it let me know. IEEE 1394 bus host controllers can be important for audio along with a audio modem and under system devices hd audio architecture most of those you can get through windows downloding website. Get Back to me if you need me to walk you through anything.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:05 AM
  • i can't go through the media player..i wana find out or install the sound device please...
     fall06 wrote:
    Friday, March 21, 2008 6:28 AM
  • hey Chad!

Thank you for your reply! and i did download realtek audio driver. fix errors, and add hardware, and things work properly right now! I took me a while and i read about IEEE 1394 controllers and all makes sense now!

thank you very much! i appreciate this.

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:19 PM
  • why do not validate my xp.have tried 3 times.without success.do they just want to sell me another one

Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:00 PM
  • What do you mean you cannot go through the media player. Detail it a little more for me please and I can help.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:35 AM
  •  Anonymous3423423 wrote:
    It says i have none installed, i have sound and my speakers are fine. Explain?
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:13 PM
  • how do i install  the sound device?or can u guide me?
     fall06 wrote:
    Friday, March 28, 2008 6:00 AM
  • help with the sound.
     krucial_ed_80 wrote:

i have no sound and dont know what to do

how can i get my sound back
    Friday, March 28, 2008 6:03 AM
  • look at chadwicks#1 at the top of the page your listing is on and it can help you. If you cannot figure it out email me and I will get back to you. Chad.35@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:01 AM
  • Goto start menu and right click on my computer then scroll to manage then scroll to device manager in the console tree. Once in device manager goto sound devices and write down all the devices listed and get them to me. Then in device manager goto modems and write down what is in the list and get that to me. Then scroll to system devices and tell me if there is a MICROSOFT HD UNIVERSAL AUDIO ARCHITECTURE. Tell or show me the things you already have and I will tell you what is missing. Email me at chad.35@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:18 AM
  • i have windows Vista a few days the audio stopped working i tried redownloading a realtek driver but it didnt work

sound devices
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo
    Realtek High Definition Audio

modems
    PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

and no MICROSOFT HD UNIVERSAL AUDIO ARCHITECTURE

any help is appreciated
    Monday, March 31, 2008 4:02 AM
  • Goto microsoft.com and then goto the download center and see if you can get the Hd UAA. Then try to install the sound driver Realtek. A question : Is realtek what you had originally with the OS or are you installing it for the first time?

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:44 AM
  • ill try that

honestly im not sure i never looked it up before as i didnt have the need so im assuming its what came with my system

**edit** i tried looking for the audio architecture and came across this page http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/default.mspx

however all this seems to be is word documents and powerpoints if you wouldnt mind redirecting me id appreciate it
    Monday, March 31, 2008 9:37 PM
  • Most Vistas come with a different audio codec and under sound devices in device manager it usually is the only thing in the list. What brand of computer are you using? The  HD UAA is sometimes intertwined with the service packs Microsoft offers but because you have vista that maybe different. I need to know what service pack if any you are running. However first if I know what brand of computer I am dealing with we may be able to do something easier and quicker. Get back.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:18 AM
  • im using an HP pavilion m7750n and i listed everything that was in sound devices in a previous post
    Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:59 AM
  • Goto Hp support and driver downloads once in goto product support then pick your computer from the list. The next screen will have a list. Goto driver downloads. Scroll down and download all the sound drivers and any other drivers you need. They have everything to get your computer back to its original state. Get back if you need anything.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:30 AM
  •  

Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:28 PM
  • i cant find a audio controller on mine

Saturday, April 12, 2008 11:43 PM
  •  

can u help me like it said that the hardware has not been connected, but i have no clue how to connect it! =[

Can any1 help me-.-

Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:58 AM
  • What said it windows media player? Is it a problem with your sound? Give me a little more detail. Get back.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:35 AM
  • did someone help you ,,i have the same problem

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:59 AM
  • I crashed a week ago and had to reinstall an older version of XP.

I get the beeps and start windows sounds, but

One of the microsoft programs fails on startup saying it is XP with SP2 (Ihave 2 & 3).

yahoo IM sound is completely missing

Family Radio internet sound says no sound devices found. error code 2, see www.geocities.com/mmsystem002/.  Error code: 2, Windows error message, "A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system."

Adobe flash player is unable to install.

after much searching and downloading a lot of sound stuff I found a message that there is no sound mixing device installed.

I had it fixed yesterday, but today it doesnt work, and as usual I dont remember which path I took.

I set a system restore point when it was working but today system restore doesnt work.

Something seems to be uninstalling or stomping on my sound mixer software.

I'm about to go to an apple.

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:00 PM
  • The first thing I want you to do is goto control panel and click on add or remove windows programs once into the program list over in the left pane click on add or configure windows components. Configure all windows components then exit. Now I want you to goto start menu and find windows updates run all the updates it will give you just click on express instead of custom. Once you have downloaded all the updates it is willing to give you goto start menu  and click on run. In the run box type msconfig hit enter. Once the screen appears at the top of it goto start up click. In this you can checkbox whatever programs you want to run at start up. Now restart the computer. Now I want you to goto start menu again and click run. In the run box type dxdiag. Once the screen appears click on music and sound this will say whether there are any sound drivers present. Jot down what it says in the blocks of music and sound get the info back to me. Once I know this I will be able to determine what you are missing and how to get it. Get back to me.

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:29 PM
  •  

Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:13 AM
  •  

This solved my problem.  I now have sound.  Thanks for your help!!
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:27 PM
  •  

what did you have to do to get sound back the same thing happen to me when my computer crashed i have everything working except no sound
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:08 PM
  • You lost your sound card and you can get soundcards from Softpedia.com. If you do not want to do it this way you can try to do it through add hardware in control panel. If you have problems with any of this let me know. When you do get the soundcard I might have to show you how to register it in device manager. Get Back to me if need be!

Sunday, August 17, 2008 8:24 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:22 PM
  • What kind of operating system are you running?

Thursday, September 04, 2008 7:20 AM
  • i did not find ac/97 on the hardware of my comp..were should i get this audio controller....tnx hope to help me.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:48 PM
  • You can goto softpedia.com and find sound cards. If you do not want to do it this way let me know and I will guide you another way. There are many ways to fix your problem so don't get discouraged it is an easy fix.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:33 PM
  • man my sound dont work i need help it suckz not have n sound it sayz it cant play a song becouse ther is no sound device or is bein use idk i ned help

Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:58 PM
  • You can goto softpedia.com and download a realtek a/c 97 sound card this should help. If you would rather do it through your operating system let me know.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:33 PM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    did you solve you problem  if you did can you halpme I have the same problem
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:35 AM
  • You can try to do a system restore through all programs/ accessories/ and then /system tools/ system restore. If you cannot do it this way try to go to softpedia.com and download a sound card preferrably realtek ac/97 audio. If you have trouble with either one let me know and I will help you get it loaded.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:52 AM
  • I am wondering the same thing and as far as I can tell there is nothing on here that has been suggested that is working for me.  I have a Podcast in which I need to record audio MUCH better than what is happening right now.  As of now, if I play a song (for example) on the computer and hit record in Audacity it records over the microphone and not from the computer sound...make sense?

If there is something I need to buy please just tell me what that is...I need to have better sound quality!

Thanks
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 4:27 AM
  • {I am wondering the same thing}. I do not know exactly who you are saying this too because most people in this forum have problems with their general sounds from their operating system in general. Anyway, did your podcast come with download software? If it did/ it should have all of its functions of recording and so forth done through the software board if any. If not then you may be able to find the software help through the podcast website. The reason that there maybe a problem is because the computer is not being told by the software of how the music wants to or should be recorded. If you already have the software in the computer and it still records incorrectly there is probably a configuration problem which you can fix maybe by configuring components in add and remove hardware/ configure components. The computer needs to know to record through the system without going through the microphone. If it is going through the microphone anyway you can plug the wire directly into the microphone jack but it has to be a better wire or the sounds of the microphone need to be adjusted. When you say the sound is poor quality does that mean that there is static or does it mean that it cannot be heard well?

Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:22 AM
  •  fall06 wrote:
    Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:57 AM
  • reprogrammed my laptoped and installed windows XP but now l have no sound, i have no clue how to get it to work, please help

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:49 AM
  • This answer can help both you and the poster before you. What you have lost is your sound card. Goto softpedia.com and download a soundcard from them. The one that works well is realtek wdm_a397. It is a realtek ac/97 soundcard and works with all xp's. If you have problems loading it let me know and I will help you further. Good luck! if it does work then you can help others know what do whom may be in need of the same thing. Thanks!

Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Did you ever find one if you do please tell me how you did it

thanks Fabio
    Monday, June 08, 2009 10:58 PM
  • GUYS THERE IS A EAYER WAY TO INTALL BACK YOUR AUDIO IF YOU HAVE NONE FIRST GO TO MY COMPUTER THEN CLICK [C] DISK THEN DRIVERS THEN AUDIO! THEN LOOK FOR SETUP.EXE AND IT WILL INTALL YOUR AUDIO BACK FOR YA AND THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU UNSTALLED IT AND YOU WANT TO REINTALL IT BUT CHECK ANY WAYS FOR PLL THAT NEVER HAD IT HOPE THIS HELPS!
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:37 PM
  • I have this problem has your's been solved?
    • Proposed as answer by mrs,K Friday, August 07, 2009 8:29 PM
    Friday, August 07, 2009 8:29 PM
  • I done what you said but when I went into my computer and then the c drive there was no audio. I don't know what to do now does anyone know how to help me PLEASE????
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:58 AM
  • Try downloading a program called "SOUNDMAX integrated digital audio".
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:43 PM
  • ???the answer...
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:28 AM
  • Go to Control Panel, Classic View, Administrative Tools, Services, scroll down to Windows Audio, start or Restart the service. This assumes you have XP and not 7 or Vista.
    • Proposed as answer by thekidmastergx Saturday, December 25, 2010 6:52 PM
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 6:43 PM