none
Dissatisfied with Windows 8

General discussion

• I am really dissatisfied with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10.  Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I am inclined to get rid of both just because of my difficulties with IE10.  I don't need advice on how easy IE 10 is to use, just someone show me how to get rid of this crappy OS and back to something I'm familiar with.

I bought a laptop pre-loaded with Windows 8 and am almost prepared to return it for one with 7 unless I can get some assistance from this site.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:20 AM

All replies

• Go buy windows 7, boot from DVD, and format and install over Windows 8 partition. Of course the laptop manufacturer will need to provide Windows 7 drivers. You may want to check that first.

If you have Windows 8 Pro you have downgrade rights.

Basically you have to make it work by yourself but it is legal.

--
    --
    "James Bastien" wrote in message news:dc1084b5-8c34-4d74-a622-86664c0a76dd...

I am really dissatisfied with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10.  Not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I am inclined to get rid of both just because of my difficulties with IE10.  I don't need advice on how easy IE 10 is to use, just someone show me how to get rid of this crappy OS and back to something I'm familiar with.

I bought a laptop pre-loaded with Windows 8 and am almost prepared to return it for one with 7 unless I can get some assistance from this site.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:52 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your feedback of Windows 8 and IE 10, but we would like to change the thread type to "General Discussion".

Your understanding will be appreciated.

Bob Bao

Do you still use the same Windows 8 LockScreen always? Download Chameleon Win8 App quickly, that changes your LockScreen constantly.
    你是否还在看着一成不变的Windows 8锁屏而烦恼,赶紧下载这个 百变锁屏 应用,让你的锁屏不断地变化起来。

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:58 AM
  • The Biggest problem with Windows 8 is that the white backgrounds on everything are too bright and hurt my eyes.  I have spent countless hours for the last 6 months to find a solution.  I have purchased Stardock products...Ect.

I have other issues with Windows 8 that i dont want to go into, but I purchase a laptop with an i7 Intel. 8GB RAM and a HD LCD screen.  Sounded great at the time but I fing myself in desktop mode for everything.  I have de-calibrated my screen color to make the white look a little more dirty but this affects the fonts and makes them fuzzy and different programs react differently. 

So I'm done with Windows 8, as a previous post in this thread I don't want to hear how "Great" this OS is when I get headaches from using it. I have to get on with my life and start using my PC for what it was intended not to spend all of my time tring to make is so I can even look at it.

However I have another problem, i

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:16 AM