none
LoadLibrary("DDraw.dll") faile in vista, error 1114

Question

•  

My application is building in winxp with VC6, using DX9SDK. It is working well in winxp and win2k, but when i run this in vista it failed at LoadLibrary("DDraw.dll"), getting the lasterror code 1114.

I copy the ddraw.dll from winxp to my own app path in vista and load it from this path, there is still failed with error 1114.

I just want using ddraw to draw the RGB data, so could anybody can help me about this? How can i do for fixing this error. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:17 AM

Answers

•  

If you are refering to filtering, this is driver dependent.   ATI and Nvidia seem to have dropped filtering from their Vista drivers.  It's probably just a minor bug.   Intel still supports it.   (It's also possible that ATI and/or Nvidia's latest drivers fix this, I haven't checked recently)

Drivers are not required to perform filtered stretch blts, but they probably want to for video playback purposes.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:35 PM

All replies

• I have rebuilded the project in vista, then it can work with ddraw, but not well as in xp. The bmp displaying effect just like using GDI in vista. I was using IDirectDrawSurface2::Blt() funcion to stretch my bmp data, is it not working in vista? The effect just like using StretchBlt(). Can anybody tell me why?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:18 AM
  •  

If you are refering to filtering, this is driver dependent.   ATI and Nvidia seem to have dropped filtering from their Vista drivers.  It's probably just a minor bug.   Intel still supports it.   (It's also possible that ATI and/or Nvidia's latest drivers fix this, I haven't checked recently)

Drivers are not required to perform filtered stretch blts, but they probably want to for video playback purposes.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:35 PM