none
crystl32.ocx error

Question

• I have an application that runs well in XP home. I could run the same in Vista using compatibility troubleshooter. I did the same with Win 7 Starter and it worked with compatibility run on my Vaio. However, the same does not run on Win 7 on Acer. Absoloutely same program runs on Vaio Win 7 starter, but not on Acer, with 7 starter. Some parts of the program work, but i keep getting the OCX error. Can someone help please?
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:27 PM

Answers

• What is the OCX error, cannot create the instance of one class in the "crystl32.ocx", and please note, the "*.ocx" is not always registered on the system by default. Especially the "crystl32.ocx" may be not registered in your Acer Windows 7 system. Please try to use Regsvr32 to register it and test again.

On the other hand, please try to contact the author of this application to confirm if the "crystl32.ocx" can be used in the Windows 7, or in the x86/x64 environment.

How to register the COM in Windows 7, please refer to the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207132/en-us please note the paltform, x86 or x64.

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 04, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• What is the OCX error, cannot create the instance of one class in the "crystl32.ocx", and please note, the "*.ocx" is not always registered on the system by default. Especially the "crystl32.ocx" may be not registered in your Acer Windows 7 system. Please try to use Regsvr32 to register it and test again.

On the other hand, please try to contact the author of this application to confirm if the "crystl32.ocx" can be used in the Windows 7, or in the x86/x64 environment.

How to register the COM in Windows 7, please refer to the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207132/en-us please note the paltform, x86 or x64.

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 04, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Bob,

Thanks for your reply. The error is as follows -

Run time error "339"

Component 'CRYSTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Check this thread to view the dependencies of this .OCX: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=649
    Bob Bao [MSFT]

Monday, August 01, 2011 2:43 AM