none
How to read the WindowsMail.MSMessageStore file

Question

• Hi!

I am seaching for a possibility to get the information about the "virtual folder structure" of Windows Mail out of the the WindowsMail.MSMessageStore file. Are there any articles or other sources which describe the structure of this file? Or is there any API which can be used to access this information?

Thanks a lot!
    Agenor
    Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:33 PM

All replies

• How is it done. I have a message - an email that I cannot open or delete. Please help

Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:34 AM
  • I sure don't know how -- if you learn, be sure it is published -- PLEASE.
    Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:20 PM
  • I just upgraded from Windows Live Mail Desktop to Windows Live Mail, but it seems to have deleted all my saved offline messages.  I sure would like to know how to read or extract messages from that file (in my case, WindowsLiveMaildesktop.MSMessageStore).  I'm pretty sure the messages are in there, it's over 16 MB.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:01 AM
  • STILL don't know how -- no responses.  Nobody knows how or nobody cares?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:14 PM
  • Hello,

Does anyone know how to close this file? (WindowsMail.MSMessageStore).  With it open from bootup, my Norton 360 security does not work to 100% efficiency.  Nor can windows close it!!!

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:31 AM
  • what are u wanting to do? i think i need help doing thta too. do u have a cheater on ur hands? w/b
    am i 4 u

Anonymous567416 wrote:

How is it done. I have a message - an email that I cannot open or delete. Please help

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Yes I do  so having to fish!

Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:07 PM