none
How To Bypass Windows LogOn Screen On Windows 7 Ultimate

Question

• I have an application that I would like to run unattended, and thus is there is a power outage, and/or if the computer reboots itself, I want this app to restart itself, which I know how to do via the “StartUp” feature in Windows, however, I need to bypass the login process. 

I understand that the typical response to this same question is to run, 

control userpasswords2 (or netplwiz)

And uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” option on the <User Accounts> window, on the <Users> tab. However, my “Windows 7 Ultimate” OS does not show this option. It is entirely missing. 

So, my question is, how else can you accomplish this same task, when this option is not available?  

Thanks. 

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:51 PM

Answers

• 1. Use auto-admin-logon (as you already know)

2. Run as a service.

3. Build a small robot to operate your PC :)

--pa

• Marked as answer by JimyJames Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:02 PM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:21 PM

All replies

• 1. Use auto-admin-logon (as you already know)

2. Run as a service.

3. Build a small robot to operate your PC :)

--pa

• Marked as answer by JimyJames Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:02 PM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Ok, you did indirectly answer my question while skipping a bunch of steps, so for the benefit of those (still inquiring), here is what I had to do to, while filling in the blanks,

On Windows 7 (Ultimate) or when [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer] is missing from the <User Accounts> Window, on the <Users> tab [after Start, Run: control userpasswords2 (or netplwiz)]

Start, Run: regedit

Navigate To: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Right-Click, Modify, Value Data: AutoAdminLogon = 1

Re-Start (ReBoot)

Start, Run: control userpasswords2 (or netplwiz) - This brings up the <User Accounts> Window

Check: [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer]

select user/accout to use for LogIn

UnCheck: [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer]

Apply

Enter the following fields,

User Name (Username)

Password (leave blank)

Confirm Password (leave blank)

<Ok>

Re-Start (ReBoot)

At this point the PC should boot skipping the LogOn Screen altogether,...

Thanks, & Happy Computing…

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:02 PM