none
How to Disable Video acceleration programmatically?

Question

• Hello everyone.,
    How do I Disable Video acceleration programmatically like the option in Media player->Tools->Performance->Video acceleration.?

Thanks in advance.!
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:33 AM

Answers

• Are you asking about how to programmatically control the Windows Media Player ActiveX control?  If so, you might try posting your question to the Windows Media SDK newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk&lang=en&cr=US

If, however, you are writing your own app based on Media Foundation, the answer depends on the decoder that you are using.  If you are using the WMV decoder, you can disable DXVA decoding by adding the following registry setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVideo]
    "DXVA"=dword:00000000
    Friday, May 25, 2007 11:25 PM
  • > If, however, you are writing your own app based on Media Foundation, the answer depends on the decoder that you are using.  If you > are using the WMV decoder, you can disable DXVA decoding by adding the following registry setting:

Which decoder are you using? I may be able to help depending on the decoder.

Another option is to use a transform filter (from a DShow perspective) between the decoder and renderer. In your transform filter, accept only YV12 (or other sw mode GUIDs), and pass on media samples unmodified. I believe the same thing can be done for MFT tarnsforms.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:35 PM

All replies

• Are you asking about how to programmatically control the Windows Media Player ActiveX control?  If so, you might try posting your question to the Windows Media SDK newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk&lang=en&cr=US

If, however, you are writing your own app based on Media Foundation, the answer depends on the decoder that you are using.  If you are using the WMV decoder, you can disable DXVA decoding by adding the following registry setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVideo]
    "DXVA"=dword:00000000
    Friday, May 25, 2007 11:25 PM
  • > If, however, you are writing your own app based on Media Foundation, the answer depends on the decoder that you are using.  If you > are using the WMV decoder, you can disable DXVA decoding by adding the following registry setting:

Which decoder are you using? I may be able to help depending on the decoder.

Another option is to use a transform filter (from a DShow perspective) between the decoder and renderer. In your transform filter, accept only YV12 (or other sw mode GUIDs), and pass on media samples unmodified. I believe the same thing can be done for MFT tarnsforms.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:35 PM
  •  

Hi,

I am using Windows VIsta Operating system and i want to redirect the video through my filter instead of Microsofts filter. But in windows Vista there is not any WMVDMOD.DLL, plss tell me which DLL it is using to redirect Video.

Thanks n Regards

Alok

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:50 AM
  • mark
    Friday, August 29, 2014 1:47 AM