none
currency gadget for windows 7

Question

• I am not able to get the currency converter gadget for windows 7. Not even in the website to download. When I right click and select the gadgets, there is nothing there and asks me to download form the windows website. But no currency gadget there as well. What should I do?
    Friday, February 10, 2012 12:04 PM

Answers

• Yeah well, maybe it's not that easy...

It's hard to help with such limited information. So can you provide the following :

What happens when you right click the desktop and click gadgets ? What gadgets do you see listed in the window that appears ?

Do you have already have other gadgets running ? Which ones ?

What version of Windows 7 - Starter, Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate ?

Is it a 32 bit or 64 bit version ?

Is the PC joined to a (company) network ?

Was the PC ever joined to a (company) network ?

Is this copy of Windows legitimate or pirated ?

Did you buy the PC from a shop with Windows 7 already installed ?

Even, out of curiousity, what language are you using in Win7 ?

In short the more info you provide the easier it is to help.

You can also try the things mentioned on this page :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/windows7-gadget-not-installed/ed51651c-bd59-4ad5-998c-90f3815da81a

• Marked as answer by megaaz03 Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:51 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

• The currency converter gadget is installed by default with Win7 as far as I am aware.

To see if it is already installed, look in the gadget control panel : Right-click the desktop and click Gadgets.
    If you have uninstalled the gadget you can restore it to the gadget control panel by following the steps outlined on this link :

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10215-gadgets-restore-default-gadgets.html

Otherwise, it's pretty easy to make your own.
    • Edited by mystifeid Friday, February 10, 2012 3:07 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Thanks for the reply I tried restoring by following the link but it said there are no gadgets to restore. I dont know ..whats wrong....could tell me how will I make my own then? Which is real time.
    Friday, February 10, 2012 4:35 PM

It's hard to help with such limited information. So can you provide the following :

What happens when you right click the desktop and click gadgets ? What gadgets do you see listed in the window that appears ?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/windows7-gadget-not-installed/ed51651c-bd59-4ad5-998c-90f3815da81a

• Marked as answer by megaaz03 Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:51 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:30 PM
  • 1) When I right click on gadgets, it shows no default gadgets,instead asks me to download from the website.

2) I downloaded 3 gadgets which are running now which are world clock , weather and google search.

3) I have winodws 7 home premium, 64 bit

4) Joined in home network with my router.

5) Laptop is refurbished and got it as a gift from my mobile provider and Windows 7 was already installed.

6) Language is english UK.

Thanks...

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:47 PM

Wooo...Actually this link helped mate..thanks u so much..u r a life saver....what I did was...I unchecked the box with windows gadget platform in the programs and features and the restart the system and rechecked the box with gadgets platform...u know wat it worked. It displayed all the default gadgets including currency!!!!yupeee...thanks again
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Glad to help - knew the little rascal had to be there somewhere.

Even more glad you returned to share your experience with others that will follow.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:18 PM