none
The connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken

Question

• I am living on campus at a University and the internet service provider is a wireless one and for people living on campus the internet is provided by an external company the university have provided us with. I tried getting in touch with both the University and the company for advice on the matter more than once and there seems to be some politics going on between the two that they seem to be putting the people in my residences in the middle of resulting in a lack of service and no results. I was hoping to therefore get advice from MS on the below to check if the problem can be resolved through Windows.

I can access the internet. But when I try to go to youtube or myspace or play a video in my email or audio on a webpage etc, it either doesn't show up, the video or audio doesn't load or the page doesn't load altogether and I get the following error: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error. 

I've use Windows 7 64-bit and use Google chrome as a browser. I tried downloading firefox and going to youtube there and it said I had to install flash and then I had to install something else and I did and it still didn't work. I tried trouble shooting my network connection and it gave me what I have written in the title of this post.

Would you have any advice?

Much appreciated.

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hum... you're having an error with you University Internet Provider and you post you error within a Forum wich helps developer using a Windows Library for Web Services...

I guess you won't get much help here... try your university department.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:12 PM