none
Accessibility :MSAA API's fail to give correct information on chrome tool bar buttons & HTML dialogs renders on chrome.

Question

• Accessibility :MSAA API's fail to give correct information on chrome tool bar buttons & HTML dialogs renders on chrome.

I am writing an extension and basically want to know if the click has occurred on google chrome tool bar buttons like forward\back\reload . Also for the HTML dialogs\alerts that are rendered on a chrome browser I am interested in knowing if the OK button was hit.

In case of a Dialog. I am able to get the window handle  of the dialog.

Now on the window handle that I have I try to find the Accessible object . What I get is the below hierarchy.

Here what I am interested is in the 4 th child and its children. So that I can reach to the OK button, thats wht I am interested in.

I use the MSAA api to find the children of the dialog but the same returns a “zero” count. Even though

Accexplorer.exe does show the children. But try to conduct test on the object fails.

The code that i have is startinf forwrd using MSAA apis..  This happens for any AlretBoxes\MessageBox rendered on chrome browser. Any Help is Appreciated.

-Amit

Amit Vaid

Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:26 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem.

It looks like that Chrome is not support in MSAA.

Maybe try to find chrome api? ?~?

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:29 AM
  • Probably start Chrome with 

--force-renderer-accessibility ? Force renderer accessibility to be on instead of enabling it on demand when a screen reader is detected. The disable-renderer-accessibility switch overrides this if present. ?

and see

https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/developers/design-documents/accessibility

Chromium tests for the presence of a screenreader by calling NotifyWinEvent with EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT and the custom object id of 1. If it subsequently receives a WM_GETOBJECT call for that custom object id, it assumes that a screen reader is running, because only screen readers would be interested in immediately using MSAA (AccessibleObjectFromEvent) to find out information about a new system alert.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 2:09 PM