none
Faulting application Helper.exe, version 7.6.1.1

Question

• Hi, Im currentley trying to troubleshoot why a particular appilcation is faulting on this computer running Windows XP SP3. The application in question is called Helper. Its a program that allows medical practices to keep track of insurance billing information. The customer contacted their support team and was told that the problem has to do with the users computer. So I reinstalled a clean version of windows xp and am still getting the same problem. The application generates an error while interacting with the menu choices.

Error message is Access Violation at addrses 00BC0AAF in module Helper.exe. Read of address 000000058.

The problem is that Dr.Watson is not capturing the error so I cannot debug it. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to do this?
    Monday, March 01, 2010 11:49 PM

All replies

• Something wrong in the Help.exe process. Since you get it on a clean install, the problem is in the code of helper.exe. To obtain a fix you need to contact the author of help.exe.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:27 PM