none
Handle of serial COM port.

Question

• Hi,

I am working on SDK. I'm developing port moniter. But I'm not able to get Handle of Serial COM port. That port is allready used by other application. Actully i want to capture the Data from that port. please tell me is it possible or not.if yes! How please help me

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:49 AM

Answers

• If using win32, you would use CreateFile to open a handle to a COM port, and ReadFile to read data from the port.

If another app has the port open you will NOT be able to open it again for monitoring in another app.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:58 PM

All replies

• If using win32, you would use CreateFile to open a handle to a COM port, and ReadFile to read data from the port.

If another app has the port open you will NOT be able to open it again for monitoring in another app.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:58 PM
  • Thanks for reply !

But i got some application from net that is port moniter. that can able to monitering data from running port.  I'm opening port in my program and sending data . and that application connect that port and also capture the data. i don't know this application developed on which language. if it is possible than  why it not possible in SDK. in which laguage it possible can you tell me and how we can .

Thanks!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:29 AM
  • Maybe the description of Portmon gives you an idea...
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:02 PM
  • This is done through a vxd service hook.

Portmon will show data that is coming in and out from a port, although portmon must be set to look at the port before your app opens it.

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:28 AM
  • Hi,

I need your help. I want to create demon thread . acoutually its like keylogger. so how can i make my process run inbackground

Thanks

Abhi

Abhi
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:49 AM