none
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Question

• I use Windows 7 and I tried  to remove Nero 7; both of the CD/DVD RWs stopped working.  They are recognized when I reinstall them, but when I try to get the drivers reinstalled, it always fails.  This is the message from device manager for both:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Can someone tell me what registry entry needs to be changed or how do I get my drives to work again?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:08 PM

All replies

• This web site is for help people to write windows apps. If you don't need help in writing software you are in the wrong web site. 

People who help others to use Microsoft's software generally go to Microsoft product forums. The Windows user forum is on answers.microsoft,com

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:59 AM