none
build error : MSDN sample code http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/Windows-Filtering-Platform-27553baa#content

Question

• http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/Windows-Filtering-Platform-27553baa#content

compile error

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(37,5): error MSB8020: The builds tools for WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0 (Platform Toolset = 'WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0') cannot be found. To build using the WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0 build tools, either click the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then select "Update VC++ Projects...". Install WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0 to build using the WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0 build tools.

i installed WKMD 8.0

i installed SDK

why error?

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:15 AM

Answers

• what is WMKMD 8.0? do you mean the WDK? please make sure you have VS2012 pro or higher installed. if you installed the WDK before you installed VS2012, go to add/remove programs, select the Win8 WDK and choose repair. this will make sure all of the VS integration pieces are registered.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:11 PM

All replies

• what is WMKMD 8.0? do you mean the WDK? please make sure you have VS2012 pro or higher installed. if you installed the WDK before you installed VS2012, go to add/remove programs, select the Win8 WDK and choose repair. this will make sure all of the VS integration pieces are registered.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Just to clarify, it is not possible to build drivers with VS 2012 Express? I am experiencing the same issue when trying to build the WDDM sample on VS 2012 express (I have the SDK & WDK installed). Is Pro required to build drivers now? It was possible to build drivers with VS 2010 & the 7.1 WDK. Thanks!

Friday, December 07, 2012 7:38 PM
  • correct, not possible with 2012 express.  technically you could probably get the msbuild part to work since there are no extensions being loaded there, but none of the UI would not be there.  VS2010 and the 7.1 WDK are not an apt analogy, when building in VS2010 with the 7 wdk, you are using a vcxproj that thunks to nmake and that is it, there is no integration after that point

Friday, December 07, 2012 9:45 PM
  • I installed Visual Studio 2012 3 times,
    and WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0 =wdksetup.exe on win8 home.
    I build  the  SensorsGeolocationSampleDriver sample
    and the 
        "Update VC++ Projects...". Install WindowsKernelModeDriver8.0
      error appears.
    I tested the sensor test tool
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Tools\x64\sensordiagnostictool.exe =ok
    it runs fine and show Lat. and Lon.  and I can save a log..xml
    in iexplorer Google-Maps is my location =ok (toshiba U920t Broadcom GPS sensor)
    after update VS2012 and codeanalysis BUILD OK! :

1>  Successfully signed: E:\Downloads\SensorsGeolocationSampleDriver\C++\x64\Win8Debug\Package\sensorsgeolocationdriversample.cat

1> 

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:59 AM
  • I am facing the same problem.

Windows 8

Visutal Studio 2012 Professional

sample Project: vhidmini.

BR

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:35 AM
  • what specific problem are you seeing (the build error text itself)? did you install VS2012 or WDK8 first? if WDK8.0 first, go to add/remove programs, choose WDK 8.0 and select repair.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:02 AM