none
Battery not recognized

Question

• Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 running XP. I can no longer run on the battery. If i press FN + F3 to view battery level nothing shows up. When i go to control panel, power options and power meter tab, it says under the battery picture "not present". When i hit F2 on start up and check the battery meter here it says "not present". Using Dells diagnostic tools, under battery it came up with error code 3600:0123 Left battery bay, battery charger test fail. I  checked out this error code and someone had a similar problem and downloaded the latest BIOS. When i download and install the BIOS it gets too a point where it asks for you to connect AC & battery (which i am doing) but goes no further. Also, not sure if the problem is related, when i press FN + F10 to open the disc drive, nothing happens. Sorry to waffle but can anybody help !!

Desperate

Monday, August 20, 2007 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Fritzy.

I am sorry that you are having this problem. I can see how that would be frustrating, to say the least. And unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of how to fix your situation.

I am not quite sure that this is the appropriate alias for such a question, though, as we deal mostly with questions about developing applications for notebooks and Tablet PC. You may find that you get a better or faster response by posting this same question on something like the Windows XP Discussions in Hardware Newsgroup.

Best of luck,

Eliot - MSFT

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Fritzy.

I am sorry that you are having this problem. I can see how that would be frustrating, to say the least. And unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of how to fix your situation.

I am not quite sure that this is the appropriate alias for such a question, though, as we deal mostly with questions about developing applications for notebooks and Tablet PC. You may find that you get a better or faster response by posting this same question on something like the Windows XP Discussions in Hardware Newsgroup.

Best of luck,

Eliot - MSFT

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:22 PM
  •  

I've had the same problem - I've now gotten three new batteries and after about a month this happens everytime.

it's EXTREMELY annoying - I was hoping someone figured this out...

fyi - I have a dell inspiron 6000

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:04 PM
  •  

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:06 PM
  • Did you manage to get a solution to this problem, which I also have.  I haven'tr found any solution online to this one anywhere.

Mark

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:43 PM
  • same problem if anyone found anything please help dell inspiron 9300

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:22 PM
  • Same problem for me, Dell Inspiron E1505.   (It seems to happen a lot with Inspirons.)  If anyone found anything, please help.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:13 AM