none
My mouse has vanished in windows 8...

Question

• I have no issues with windows 8 on my system other than the fact that I have no mouse pointer what so ever, my device manager says that it has the latest device driver and I know enough about computers to turn on the click CTRL to show where my mouse pointer feature is... However the fact that I cannot play any of my video games due to lack of mouse and the fact that I constantly click CTRL to show where I'm at on the screen is annoying, any one have any suggestions?

I use a Logitech wireless mouse model M-R0013, normally I run 64 bit windows and I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics with all updated drivers; I also have 16GB RAM and run  3 RAID 0 120GB SSD's.

Friday, June 15, 2012 8:59 AM

All replies

• I have no issues with windows 8 on my system other than the fact that I have no mouse pointer what so ever, my device manager says that it has the latest device driver and I know enough about computers to turn on the click CTRL to show where my mouse pointer feature is... However the fact that I cannot play any of my video games due to lack of mouse and the fact that I constantly click CTRL to show where I'm at on the screen is annoying, any one have any suggestions?

I use a Logitech wireless mouse model M-R0013, normally I run 64 bit windows and I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics with all updated drivers; I also have 16GB RAM and run  3 RAID 0 120GB SSD's.

I have also tried using a hard wired mouse... The issue persists with that as well.
    Friday, June 15, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Also, I just tried to run Diablo 3 and found out that even it does not have a mouse pointer... Surely Microsoft does not have intent to have gamers play RTS and MMORPG's with touch screen, if that's the case ill never upgrade to Windows 8 and uninstall my current copy.
    • Edited by NikRoma Friday, June 15, 2012 9:16 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 9:15 AM
  • my win8 systems all have a pointer. It could be a video driver problem.  try removing all value add software/driver packages and see if it returns.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 15, 2012 5:03 PM
    Owner