none
Looking for Windows 8 / RT development board

Question

• Hi there,

Is it already possible to find a development board based on SoC that runs Win 8 (or Win RT)? I'm planning to port my 'HID over USB' device into 'HID over I2C' but I don't know how to test it because of 2 things:

1. Microsoft say that HID over I2C is currently only available on SoC systems (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj127208%28v=vs.85%29.aspx). BTW I'm not sure to understand what this implies.

2. In addition to the I2C lines, I need an interrupt line (GPIO) between my device and the SoC. This should be easy on a dev board but not on standard mother board, even modified...

Thanks a lot,

Marco

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Marco,

As of this writing, the systems are limited in nature right now.  As we approach and pass Windows 8 general availability on October 26, there will be more of these systems available at retail as the partners that we have been working with bring their systems to market. 

For external devices (or connected devices), we are only certifying devices that work with the inbox class driver.  We will not be certifying and signing 3rd party drivers for externally connected devices. 

Best regards,

Paul

This posting is as is with no warranties and confers no rights. 

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

As of this writing, the systems are limited in nature right now.  As we approach and pass Windows 8 general availability on October 26, there will be more of these systems available at retail as the partners that we have been working with bring their systems to market. 

For external devices (or connected devices), we are only certifying devices that work with the inbox class driver.  We will not be certifying and signing 3rd party drivers for externally connected devices. 

Best regards,

Paul

This posting is as is with no warranties and confers no rights. 

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer. I'm working on a device that works with inbox driver (HID over USB/I2C). The issue is to test my I2C device version. Because of the needed GPIO and the only-for-SoC mention.

Best regards,

Marco

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi there, any update about availability of Windows RT development board? or any other way to test HID over I2C compliant device?

Brs,

Marc

Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hi All,

I would also like to know the availability of WIN8 development board for testing my HID over I2C for touch device? Where could we get it?

Regards,

Alan

Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:05 AM