none
.WLMP project file to .WMV video without Movie Maker

Question

• Firstly, I would like to apologize if this is the incorrect section to ask a question such as mine. Secondly, I am very inexperienced with any coding or software development of any kind. I know only the basics of Java, PHP, and HTML, please forgive me.

Anyways, I have been creating .wlmp movie maker project files manually. The format is very similar to HTML I think. After I create say about 80 of these project files, I would go open them each separately in movie maker and export as .wmv video one by one. Since each video takes around 5 minutes to save, that times 80 project files takes a long time! I have created a macro that would do this work for me, but still it doesn't seem sufficient.

I would like to know if there is a tool out there that can convert all of my .wlmp files to .wmv at bulk? This would save hours of work and make me feel less of a caveman. If there isn't such a tool, Where can I find a programmer who would be willing to create an app such as this?

Any help, ideas, suggestions, or push of a direction is highly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my question.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:42 AM

All replies

• Try the Windows Live Movie Maker forum at http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=5

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:40 AM
  • Do you suggest I use the newer version of movie maker?
    Wednesday, August 04, 2010 11:30 PM
  • No, but you will get better help there.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 3:58 AM
  • I am also anxious about this question. I can use movie maker and convert only the audio but no video. I have worked with MM before without any problems, with the new Windows 7 and the newest MM it is a big problem.
    Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:14 PM