none
MSDN Articles etc

Question

• Dear Sirs,

I am a professional software developer (limited to 2 years professionally so far.....) and 6 years overall IT/Computer Science. I have 2 questions really.

1) On one of the pages of my profile I think its in that- is something called "items assigned to me". Are these intended for example if somebody from MSDN or on here requests me to write maybe an article on a particular issue?

2) To write articles for MSDN can you request ideas from the editors for articles which they think someone with 2 years experience may be able to write about? Or is it actually down to the contributor (ie myself) to come up with the topic and send in a proposal?

Regards

J Gilliatt

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:27 PM

Answers

• The MSDN library does not have a wiki like that of Technet, but you still can contribute in some ways.

If you want to give feedback on MSDN library contents, the "Did you find this helpful?" buttons below article body allows to write comments.

Also you are welcome to provide new code samples.

Finally, there are websites such as CodeProject.com, that gladly accept contributions of various types (articles, projects) and various levels of expertise.

Enjoy.

-- pa

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:59 AM

All replies

• The MSDN library does not have a wiki like that of Technet, but you still can contribute in some ways.

If you want to give feedback on MSDN library contents, the "Did you find this helpful?" buttons below article body allows to write comments.

Also you are welcome to provide new code samples.

Finally, there are websites such as CodeProject.com, that gladly accept contributions of various types (articles, projects) and various levels of expertise.

Enjoy.

-- pa

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Thanks for that. Appreciated.

Jonathan

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:34 AM