none
Vista not detecting my speakers, no sound!

Question

• Help, i''ve just about given up hope...

Sound was WORKING on vista a few hours ago... but now it suddenly stopped as I unplugged my computer to move it to a different part of the room.

Vista does not detect my speakers even though they are plugged into the right spot. However the Digital Output I see from the sound playback is animated when I play music in the media player.

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:00 AM

All replies

• got the same issue, except it hasnt found them at all, I see the SPDIF device which shows somethings playing but nothing out of my speakers or headphones if I switch.. whats the fix?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:17 PM
  •  

I fixed it. I downloaded realtek audio drivers that came with a sound manager. I clicked the picture of a file folder near the top right of the window and there was an option for me to enable/disable back panel. I renabled mine and it worked. You should give it a try.
    • Proposed as answer by CainCo4_life Friday, July 16, 2010 11:08 PM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:21 PM
  • Sounds familiar ... I am unable to get any sound from speakers on vista however the realtek hd audio is showing as working, the sound (volume is set at 66 .. sound test did not produce a sound.. shows that speakers r connected to rear speakers out.. there is nothing at all can anyone help...
    • Proposed as answer by tedington Friday, August 21, 2009 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:48 PM
  •  

I'm facing exactly the same problem. I only just finished formating my computer, but even that did not change anything.

Although I have checked & rechecked that I have correctly connected the three (green, black & orange) jacks on the card, the "Sound" menu in Control Panel indicates that headphones are connected to the green jack but speakers are NOT connected. There is NO sound whatsoever! I fail to understand how the same 5.1 speakers were running perfectly fine before I moved my computer.

Now here I am, eagerly awaiting some whiz to tell me what I've not done or what I've done wrongly!

Any help appreciated... Thanks!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:30 AM
  • This issue seems related to the joining of a domain or workgroup.  I just joined a workgroup with my laptop and after the second restart (standard Group Policy refresh), I didn't have any sound.  Unfortunately, I don't have, nor could I find, a resolution to this issue.  The only thing that worked for me was to do a system restore.  If you restore it back to the time prior to joining the domain, you should find that that works.  It's definately an issue that needs to be resolved and hopefully somebody in Product Support could address this issue.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:07 AM
  • Almost the same with me,the audio manager can't "see" my speakers from my laptop and force me to connect external speakers,then i only have sound.Probably they should fix a patch for this problem.Something more,before vista ultimate which now i have the problem,i used to have for one week vista basic with sound,with the same drivers or earlier that i don't have know from realtek and were working great!
    Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:45 PM
  • my audio worked perfectly fine till yesterday then suddenly, theres no audio the volume symbol in the task bar reads "No Audio output device is Installed." In the device manager gives error no 39 for both sound drivers and modem drivers and high definition audio...
    tried everything from reinstallin drivers, deleting and then reinstalling, default setup for bios.
    Also updated the update posted on
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/

Still no success Sad
    Please help me solve the problem.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:39 PM
  • help ive got the same problem its driving me crazy!!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:37 AM
  •  

I am not sure if this helps but I had a problem where I lost sound in XP and Vista.  It turned out that music was not playing because the audio had suddently defaulated to the Sype phone.   I re-installed the driver picking the sound card and it worked fine from then on.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:23 AM
  • I have had the exact same thing happen to me.  My audio worked fine yesterday, I played a movie and halfway through the sound cutout.  I have tried everything I can think of to correct the problem, uninstalled the driver, reinstalled, rolled back to earlier restore point.  I could go on and on, I have worked on this for over a half a day trying everything that comes to mind but no success so far in fixing it.

At this point, even though the driver is installed when i open up teamspeak, it says no sound device driver is available.  If I try to open rapsody, it just crashes, I suspect for the same reason.  I believe that the modem may be interfering in this as well.  I haven't uninstalled it, but I think I'm going to go try that now, seeing how you also have a modem setup on your machine.

edit > I pulled the modem from my machine, but that did not solve the problem either.  <sigh>

At this point windows says the driver and device are working ok, and for now it is detecting the speakers (still no sound)  sometimes it detects the speakers and sometimes it doesn't.  Very strange.

Friday, November 02, 2007 12:57 AM
  • The exact same thing happened to me after I (at Window's behest) installed some updates for Vista. Now my computer tells me that "No Audio Output Device is installed". Hello, the speakers are built right into the computer! How can it not detect them? I tried to update the speaker drivers twice, but I got an error message both times. When I went to "manage audio devices" in the control panel, it told me that "no audio devices are installed".

This is completely ridiculous and I'm suspicious of it occuring right after I installed a Vista update. If you ask me, there's some sort of bug in the update.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:29 AM
  • Window Vista will prompt for update window regularly.  After i update my window, i found Vista not detecting my speakers, no sound.  I tried to plug in another speaker its not work.  (The speaker itself is OK).  I tried to unstalled and install again the hardware but its also not work.

I check on control panel>hardware and sound>device manager>sound, video and games controllers>, it stated that the device in working properly !

Why ???? I not understand !

Anybody can help me to solve this problem !

Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:33 AM
  • This fixed my problem for sound not coming through speakers in windows vista, Go to start, Click control panel, then choose hardware and sound,Then choose sound,Under playback there should be a green check mark on the Realtek High Definition Audio,and should say working.

Click once on the speaker picture,Now choose the option configure in the bottom left of window pane,then from the options pick quadraphonic,then click next and make sure that the options front left and right and surround speakers are checked,then click next and finish.Hoped this helped someone
    Monday, December 03, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Well I tried my own fix and it sucks,I still am having problems and getting pissed off!!I tried rolling back the driver then updating it,then going in between surround speakers and left and right speakers and quadrophonic,I got it going again but who knows how long it will last??

I had this problem for awhile using XP also.
    Monday, December 03, 2007 9:30 PM
  • i can't clik option configure in the bottom left of window pane, so how to activate this tab ?????

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:11 PM
  • i had a similar problem on xp not long ago.  i was using an old PCI sound card at the time and fixed the problem by installing software from an old PCI graphics card (dont ask why this worked it makes no sense to me??)

if you have a PS2 mouse/keyboard on your computer and you unplugged these before your computer was fully turned off you may have damaged the mother board.  Also try removing any software you installed before turning your computer off.

sry i cant be much help but thats all i can think of atm

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:26 PM
  • I have same problem, but it was my fault. When in the Sound management window I clicked on the High Definition Audio Device icon. In the tab on the bottom right where it has two options: one to enable audio device or disable it. I clicked disable for some stupid reason and hit apply. The High Definition Device icon dissapeared and now it reads "No Audio Device Installed" but the the driver reads that everything is working properly. Is there a way I can make Vista find the device and re-enable it? These are the interior speakers on my laptop, why would it just dissapear???
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:31 AM
  • I am experiencing the same problem.  How can I fix it?  What did you do?  Please help and I am not tech savvy  - -   Sad

Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:54 AM
  •  

dear madam , sir

I would like to ask information about voice chat in yahoo messenger,I can not talking in headphone in yahoo messenger. It alway showing that computer not suport oudio format,

thank you for youe help

Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:17 PM
  • My speakers were working last week updated to Media Player 11 and now nothing. The speakers are on and plugged in the correct hole but just wont play, I get an error message next to the tunes I wish to play, somebody help Im so frustrated.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:50 PM
  • My problem was similar to some of you, I moved my pc to another room then moved it back and had no sound. Eventually I installed vista audio drivers that came with my motherboard then had to configure them in control panel then hardware/sound then sound then playback and configure the main one that should be ticked green then while doing the test speaker config and moving the plug at the back to different ports (rear,centre,front etc) the front worked for me with the stereo config- not the 5.1 or 7.1 or quadraphonic. Hope this helps someone.

Monday, June 02, 2008 5:35 AM
  •  Taleus wrote:
    I have same problem, but it was my fault. When in the Sound management window I clicked on the High Definition Audio Device icon. In the tab on the bottom right where it has two options: one to enable audio device or disable it. I clicked disable for some stupid reason and hit apply. The High Definition Device icon dissapeared and now it reads "No Audio Device Installed" but the the driver reads that everything is working properly. Is there a way I can make Vista find the device and re-enable it? These are the interior speakers on my laptop, why would it just dissapear???

Hey Taleus, im not sure if you've already resolve the problem but i had the exact problem earlier on. i was trying to solve the problem i had with vista sound and i accidentally disable the audio device, i scare the hell outta myself when i couldn't find the audio device icon, so what did was i went back to control panel, sound and under the playback tab, it told me that 'no audio devices are installed' and so i 'right click' and select/check 'show disabled devices' and the audio device icon appear and then i just enable it and it work again. so hope that help.

anyway im not sure if my previous problem have been solve yet but i have a similar issue with some of the people here, which is right after i update the window from window updates, the sound just couldn't function normally. i could see the audio device working properly and when i play music i could also see the volume bar moving but there just isn't any sound coming out. the only way to solve the problem is to actually restart my computer, sometimes i have to restart it twice before i could use it. so i hope somebody can provide some answer here because i don't wanna have to restart my computer so many times before i could actually use it, its annoying. another thing, im not sure if this have anything to do with the update from window updates but im pretty sure it does because before the updates, i have no problem with sound at all and btw im using window vista home premium.

Monday, June 02, 2008 2:14 PM
  • I had the same problem too. I updated my Realtek driver with the latest one from their website, but that's alone is not enough. You have to bring up the Realtek audio manager, and click on the connector setting on the top right (with the folder picture) and check "Disable front panel jack detection" and voila the sound is back.
    Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:39 AM
  • i'm going to try that, thanks

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:07 PM
  •  vinitshah1 wrote:
    my audio worked perfectly fine till yesterday then suddenly, theres no audio the volume symbol in the task bar reads "No Audio output device is Installed." In the device manager gives error no 39 for both sound drivers and modem drivers and high definition audio...
    tried everything from reinstallin drivers, deleting and then reinstalling, default setup for bios.
    Also updated the update posted on
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/

Still no success
    Please help me solve the problem.
    Wednesday, June 04, 2008 5:15 PM
  •  vista_new wrote:
    I had the same problem too. I updated my Realtek driver with the latest one from their website, but that's alone is not enough. You have to bring up the Realtek audio manager, and click on the connector setting on the top right (with the folder picture) and check "Disable front panel jack detection" and voila the sound is back.

hi, i was trying to update my realtek driver but i have no idea which driver i should download, there too many to choose from and i don't know which one is suitable for mine. what driver did you download?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 4:36 AM
  •  vista_new wrote:
    I had the same problem too. I updated my Realtek driver with the latest one from their website, but that's alone is not enough. You have to bring up the Realtek audio manager, and click on the connector setting on the top right (with the folder picture) and check "Disable front panel jack detection" and voila the sound is back.

hey vista_new, thanks to you, i have finally solve the sound problem thanks a million

well if anyone needs the link for the site to download the driver, heres it is; 

this is the direct link for vista driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

i downloaded the first one and all i did was unzipped the folder and then setup. there is actually a 'read me' in the folder so just follow the instruction and it should solve the problem.

if the link above doesn't work for you then you can try this link instead:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/searchView.aspx?keyword=driver

and then go to 'High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)'

hope this help.

thanks again vista_new =D

Monday, June 23, 2008 12:56 PM
  •  Ignius wrote:

Hi i got realtek but i didn't have this option to disable/renable back panel.... But i found yet another way to try.....

Plug your speakers into the Green colour plug in the back of your computer, Goto realtek Audio manager and in the

analog panel RIGHT HAND click on the green colour then click "Connector Retasking" then tick "front speaker out"

That should do it as well. Just remember to turn ya speakers down before clicking hahahaha i didn't Smile

Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:07 AM
  • Thank you!  I thought I had tried that but obiously not as they are now working after your suggestion!  You saved my sanity!

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:46 PM
  •  

me 2 i installed a update and went to bed got up in the morrning and every thing was still ok

so then i come home and my dad has been on my computer (im only 15 i hope you Petifiles dont try and contact me) and he always Shuts it off when hes done with it so then i turn it back on and no sound i deleted the update and still no sound so later that day i found out that my speakers need to run in stereo casue theres only 2 but there trying to run in Quadraphonic as the speakers behind me. does any one know how to Make the speakers "think" they are the ones infront of me??????? <3 will heart you if you do!

Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:17 PM
  • And!!! there a USB Jack not the green and what ever

Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:30 PM
  • If any of you could help it would be very appreciated. Im running with the lanparty p45 series and apparently i have no problems with my sound drivers (that is what vista says) Of course, what im wondering is why i can't see anymore the speaker icon, even if it is inactive and the headphone icon in hardware +sound and sound. I am so tired from looking for a way to make my headphones work on vista. If you guys have any suggestions, or even if you could give me the website to get realtek audio manager it would be very helpful, but the most helpful thing would be to tell me exactly what to do since reinstalling the drivers and rebooting both didn't work.
    Sunday, August 03, 2008 7:56 PM
  • i didn't even touch a button when it went out,now i cant fix it.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:28 PM
  •  underscores_ wrote:

vista_new wrote:

hey vista_new, thanks to you, i have finally solve the sound problem thanks a million

well if anyone needs the link for the site to download the driver, heres it is; 

this is the direct link for vista driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

i downloaded the first one and all i did was unzipped the folder and then setup. there is actually a 'read me' in the folder so just follow the instruction and it should solve the problem.

if the link above doesn't work for you then you can try this link instead:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/searchView.aspx?keyword=driver

and then go to 'High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)'

hope this help.

thanks again vista_new =D

Thanks to u both, had the same problem, really really started to frustrate me, all solved now tho , again Thanks!
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Hi everyone ! thanks for your postings!
    I have a Realtek sound device and after last Vista update my headphones at the front panel stopped working. funnily enough, the system recognises something has been connected, and the mic at the front pannel, when connected, sounds great. not the headphones, though.
    but still i can only hear trhough the loudspeakers. as soon as i insert my headphones, no sound at all.
    I've tried all of your suggestions here, but still no solution.
    thanks in advance for your help.
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:23 PM
  •  

Here's a quick fix you can try that worked for me. Unplug your speaker from the back of the computer then plug it back in. This will bring up the Realtek wizard. Check the box that is appropriate for your speakers (in my case it was front speaker out), then click 'ok' and this will reload your audio device and open the device manager. Be sure that the correct box is check for your speaker arrangement and click the arrow to test your speakers. If this works click 'ok' and all should be back to normal.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:39 AM
  • The solution is two fold.

Have the speakers plugged in bt noting playing.
    1)  Control panel
                         Sound - you will see the Speakers/headpones option as well as Speakers.

Make Speakers the default. A Green tick appears. You now have to set the default volume to hear their output. Vista default is 0 - cool yeah LIKE NO WAY MAN!!

2) So select  Properties and you will see the speaker volume levels at Minimum. Move the slider and you're bck up ad running with sound through the USB/external speaker.

The fault arose with a Hot fix. Of course Microsoft are ditching this peice of bloated operating system as soon as possible as they did with ME so don't expect any true support.

ENJOY your new found levels.
    Now can anyone help me with the usden backwards mouse issue? It clashes with a driver  or something for the Wireless card......
    :)

Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:20 PM
  • thank you so much antaria. we just bought this computer 3 days ago and have spent most of this time trying everything possible to fix the sound problem, the sound worked when u press the test button but that was the only sound at all.  i couldnt believe the solution was so simple. thanks again. its awesome now we have music.
    Sunday, June 07, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Thank you!!!  I finally got my speakers to work!!!
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:07 PM
  • thanks so much that was so helpful its awesome when u suddenly have sound again.  :) 

thanks
    kazmatt14
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 8:49 AM
  •  

Here's a quick fix you can try that worked for me. Unplug your speaker from the back of the computer then plug it back in. This will bring up the Realtek wizard. Check the box that is appropriate for your speakers (in my case it was front speaker out), then click 'ok' and this will reload your audio device and open the device manager. Be sure that the correct box is check for your speaker arrangement and click the arrow to test your speakers. If this works click 'ok' and all should be back to normal.

YES!!

This worked instanly! I was selecting the "Line In" Checkbox instead of the "line out" checkbox!!

:)
    Sunday, July 05, 2009 5:29 AM
  • Hi All,

I had the same probelm, and found an easy to make it work again and hope some of you can use it also.

Goto Control Panel -> Sound
    Select Speakers
    Click on properties
    Select the Levels tab
    There is an icon to stop or start the sound (in front of the balance button)

Frederik Van Lierde
    http://FrederikVanLierde.wordpress.com
    Inventive creations for the .Net
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:37 PM
  • I'm having the same problem too.

My volume control says "No Audio output devices are installed"

My speakers are: EMC2.0-USB
    Computer Model: Emachines w3609

Additional Information:

My dad unplugged the computer for a week.. all the cords, unhooked everything; and now its all hooked back up and no sound works. When I right click my volume control and click playback devices, It doesn't detect my speakers at all.

Help please!
    Friday, August 14, 2009 6:51 AM
  • I have been having same problem with vista sounds. I contacted packard bell support and the advice was to go into device manager click on the + sighn for the sound vidio and game controllers, left click in your device and click uninstall device DO NOT CHECK THE DELETE BOX! After the device has been uninstalled click on the action tab and select check for hardware changes. you will then see at the task bar that the device is now being installed. I tried this with my fingers crossed and it woked for me. it also worked when my network conection kepf failing. It seems thet after installing windows updates that the drivers can be affected. hope this helpes somebody as it did me. good luck.
    • Proposed as answer by DJ_UK Friday, February 05, 2010 3:23 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:22 AM
  • Thank You so much for the information. I was so stressed for 2 days and was ready to give up!!!
    Monday, October 19, 2009 9:18 PM
  • This solved everything for me! THANK YOU!
    Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:54 PM
  • Same Here I Don,t Think Microsoft has a Fix!
    David R Silcozx
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:57 AM
  • Help! I've been using my computer without sound for weeks! I can't stand it!

My brother plugged in headphones to I believe was the back Out outlet of the computer for sound. I came back home later on and turned on my computer to only come to find there was no sound. The sound icon on the task bar was even gone. I recently looked up online how to get it back.

Right - clicking on it read :

Open volume Mixer ( grayed - out )
    Playback Devices
    Recording Devices
    Sounds

I click on either of the first 2 and it reads :

"No audio devices are installed"

When I know that the cord endings are in the proper outlets.
    I can't even tell that I have an IM on AIM if I don't notice the flashing orange bar.
    Under sounds you can't even test any of the sounds.
    And my music on my iTunes wont even play without the sound. The marker doesn't even move.

Please, pleaseee someone help me. I love my musicc.

=[
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:53 AM
  • Simple and Perfect! Thanks
    Friday, February 05, 2010 3:22 PM
  • i tried that but it still didnt work.....it says no audio device installed
    Friday, March 19, 2010 9:35 PM
  • i tried that but it still didnt work.....it says no audio device installed
    Friday, March 19, 2010 9:35 PM
  • thats my exact promblem
    Friday, March 19, 2010 9:37 PM
  • i tried all that but inder playback there is nothing
    Friday, March 19, 2010 9:45 PM
  • clicking on configure doesnt go into anything?

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:54 AM
  • same! have you fixed this problem? pleaseeee help
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:54 AM
  • how do you bring up the real tek audio manager?? pleaseee help
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:58 AM
  • hi there did you manage to fix your problem as i have the same? pleasee helpp!!
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:16 AM
  • hi there did u resolve this problem as i have the same? pleaseee help me
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:22 AM
  • hi there did u fix ur problem?
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:23 AM
  • hi there did you manage to fix ur problem?
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:30 AM
  • hey my computer did work with that thankx lol muah muah ____ love you whoever you are?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:25 PM
  • I found out how to fix it!

First off, go to control panel.

Then go to Hardware and Sound.

Scroll all the way down.

Click on Realtek HD Audio Manager.

On the top right click Device Advanced Settings.

Click on the opposite choice of what is currently chosen, and click ok.

This should work as it worked for me.

(After you have clicked the opposite choice and clicked ok, you are free to go back to the original choice)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:26 AM
  • Absolutely maddening.  Happened to me a day after doing a disk reformat (restore to factory settings).  I was riffing on a solution suggested below and about to replace the Realtek Audio driver but discovered that Windows Media Player works just find after I uninstalled it.  I'm going to wait to reinstall the driver until I seem to need it for something else. Good luck...it's enough to make me want to go back to school, learn Linux, and build my own computers from scrap parts.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:13 PM
  • hi people the actual solution is to go to control pannel click veiw hardware and devices uninstall the sound drivers go to the top of the window and click view its next to file and action click show hidden devices and uninstall the volume controllers that show up one by one there is a few so make sure uyou get them all and restart your computer once they have reinstalled themselfs your sound will return for good just make sure you always check they have not hidden any suspicious files in update this is a permanent solution and will work everytime and if it doesnt i will eat my hat lol :-)
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:45 PM
  • hi people the actual solution is to go to control pannel click veiw hardware and devices uninstall the sound drivers go to the top of the window and click view its next to file and action click show hidden devices and uninstall the volume controllers that show up one by one there is a few so make sure uyou get them all and restart your computer once they have reinstalled themselfs your sound will return for good just make sure you always check they have not hidden any suspicious files in update this is a permanent solution and will work everytime and if it doesnt i will eat my hat lol :-)
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:48 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:48 PM
  • Thankyou SO much! I did the same..accidentally disabled my Altec Speakers.  I opened up the sound from the control panel, got on the playback tab..and right clicked anywhere in that tab ..sure enough..there was the open to "show disabled devices"  ..needless to say I re-enabled them..and they work great!

Oh..and I just checked..Altec does not supply drivers, they refer you back to microsoft or your sound card manufacturer.

Good luck guys!

Friday, February 04, 2011 2:43 PM
  • this worked perfectly! Thanks alot!!
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Try this. It worked on a speaker Code 10 problem for me..

Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104

Also, you can try the steps mentioned below to see if this helps you to fix the issue.

Good hunting!

Bubba

Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:31 AM
  • This helped me!  Thank you so much!!!!  I was at my wits end.

Friday, August 19, 2011 1:10 AM
  • I changed something this morning in the sound options that came up, and now I have no sound on anything--including SKYPE, videos, etc.  Device Manager says every item is working properly.
    • Edited by richardlukin Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:32 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:32 PM
  • I only see one "Dynamic Volume Manager" under Non Plug and Play Devices and "Volume Manager" under System Devices. You want me to delete those? Or are those different than Volume Controllers?

Thanks.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 7:40 PM
  • I have been without sound for one month. I have tried EVERYthing!!!! I gave up. Then I cam across this link to FREE Microsoft tech support for Vista SP2 issues. Finally got my sound back.

Your troubles are over: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034&st=1

You're welcome!

Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:47 PM