none
Can't open the ISO file

Question

• Please I have downloaded windows 7, 3 times and it will not open Because of the file format, ISO. sure you can go on line and Buy a program for opening the file, I bought a copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft for about $40.00 Dollars, But they want $30.00 to open my down loaded files, what would you do? wait for the Windows 7 Setup disk. Is their a place to download Windows 7 that is not an ISO file, a format that can download and Deploy without having to buy an ISO opener, Thank you please respond.
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would borrow a blank DVD from someone and burn the ISO (which is just a DVD image) to the DVD.
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:13 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

An .ISO file is a representation (image) of a CD or DVD.  And the current Windows 7 RC is a free testing version.  We’ll need to burn the ISO file onto a blank DVD before we install Windows 7 RC.  What we need is some software designed for burning ISO files.  In addition to commercial ISO burning software, there are free programs such as ISOBuster and Active ISO Burner.  To find one , please go to site such as Download.com or Tucows and search for “ISO,” “DVD,” and “burn”.  

For additional information about Windows 7 RC Installation Instructions, please see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/installation-instructions.aspx.  

Besides, for Windows 7 installation issues, the more proper forum queue is Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment.

Have a nice day, Jerry!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:31 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:46 AM