none
SoundMax Digital Audio for XP

Question

•  

I recently attempted to install a new 150G Hard Drive and at the same time removed my floppy drive as it's pointless. I realized that the cables for the new Hard Drive were not the proper size for my computer. I finished cleaning out the dust in my computer and put everything back together as it was originally and now I don't have any sound. Green lights are on, I ran the diagnostic in the BiOS, Driver is up to date; I have been working on this for the last 24 hours and I'm out of options...HELP!?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:18 AM

All replies

• I have just done the same thing, that is installed a new 150G Harddrive and no audio/sound.  Soundmax was not on the installation cd's from Dell with windows xp. How did you resolve back in February?  Johnny Op

Monday, September 29, 2008 12:48 AM
  • I have the same prob any help yet I don't know how to fix no audio device no speaker settings both grey no default device no sound recording everything grey help please!!!!!
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:57 AM
  • Have you tried 'device manager'? if you can't find what you're looking for - right-click - 'scan for hardware changes', if ther'es any audio drivers missing it'll find out for you and ask if you want to update. Also check in - control panel - admin' tools - services - make sure 'windows audio' is running and on 'automatic'. the only other thing i can think of, when you were installing HDD you may have knocked the souncard or your audio lead, if it's ever so slightly out of whack it may not function. try pushing your soundcard in further and check any cables. Also check the speaker icon in your taskbar and make sure nothing is muted and check you have correct speaker settings.
    If you've checked all this already, sorry to go through it all again. It's just what usually what goes wrong when audio is out.
    Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:13 PM