none
How can I determine if a printer provider is a partial one or not

Question

• Just as in the question subject, I was wondering how can I tell if a printer provider is a partial one, like, "Inetpp.dll", programatically.

Is there any particularity in the partial ones, any flags, or API to determine that ?

Thanks.

B.Gabriel

Monday, January 07, 2013 3:33 PM

Answers

• you can query Win32_TCPIPPrinterPort with a port name returned from Win32_Printer to see if a port is an IPP port. If you are targeting Windows versions that may not have good WMI support, there's EnumPrinters and XcvData, the command name to get port configuration is GetConfigInfo.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, January 07, 2013 9:48 PM

All replies

• you can query Win32_TCPIPPrinterPort with a port name returned from Win32_Printer to see if a port is an IPP port. If you are targeting Windows versions that may not have good WMI support, there's EnumPrinters and XcvData, the command name to get port configuration is GetConfigInfo.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, January 07, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Hey,

Thanks, I was hoping not to be a WMI answer but nonetheless it is something to go on. I figured there is something in the Win32 API to query something like provider basic information or standard information :)

Thanks again.

B.Gabriel

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:18 AM