none
picture package (sony dvd handycam-software)compatibility with windows vista?

Question

• [quote="hootier"]

Hello,

I have a SONY DCR-DVD305 handy cam and I'm running Vista. I can't get Vista to accept Picture Package. I'm open to all suggestions on how to transfer videos from the Handycam to the computer and what DVD editing/filing/organizing software to use.

Thanks in advance. Mike

I'm having the same problem as Mike, and i can't find a solution anywhere...

if anyone could help me (us), I'd be forever grateful
    thanks in advance.
    Dimitri
    Monday, March 05, 2007 4:09 PM

Answers

• Hello, This is a software developers application forum for Vista application compatibility issues and logo certification issues.

To get the fastest best results I recommend that you try the link below for general Vista installation problems or contact Sony for the latest Vista software and support on using their individual application on Vista.

Here's the link for general Vista Issues:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/techsupport/default.mspx

It's another link that might help you as well, it has links to news groups and technet.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=423586&SiteID=1

You can google for Sony's main website and drill down to their support area.

Monday, March 05, 2007 6:54 PM
  • You need to locate the setup.exe file on the CD-ROM provided with the handycam. Look in the :\PPackage directory and select the setup.exe file and choose properties. Then put the file in Windows XP SP2 compability mode.

Start the setup file and the installation will finish correctly.

Jon.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:34 PM
  • Right click on the exe select properties from the menu, and go to the compatability tab. The rest is self explainatory :-)
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:11 PM
  • I own a Sony DCR-DVD203 camcorder and was having Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues when shutting the computer down after installing the Picture Package 1.8 software on my Vista system. I don’t know if anyone else has been affected by this issue, but for those of you running Vista and getting the BSOD after installing Picture Package, these are the steps I took to resolve the problem:
    1. Remove the Picture Package software using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel. Note: As stated somewhere above, this will not remove the Sony USB DVD drivers, but don’t worry about that. You will need some of these drivers if you want Picture Package to view the video clips on your camcorder.

2. Right-click the Setup.exe icon in the PPackage folder on to your CD Drive then left-click Properties . Right-click on the Compatibility tab, then check the box adjacent to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” Use the default compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2). Right-click the “OK” button.

3. The installer application will install Picture Package first. Next, the installer application will request to install ImageMixer. Cancel this operation (you can use Vista’s built-in Windows DVD Maker and Windows Movie Maker instead). Next, the installer application will request to install the First Step Guide. You can cancel this operation too if you know how to use Picture Package. Finally, the setup will be complete and you will need to reboot your system.

4. Once the system restarts, go to the Picture Package website then download and install the latest update for your version of Picture Package. The Picture Package website can be found at: http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html. You must install this update to resolve the Macro Media Flash Player Required error.

5. Find C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sonypvl3.sys and rename it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sonypvl3.sys.old. This is the offending driver that causes the BSOD. I believe it loads the Pixela codecs, but I’m not an expert in this area, so maybe some more knowledgeable than I can clarify what this file does.

6. Run regedit (or what ever registry editing tool you feel comfortable using) to delete the following key and its sub-keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sonypvl3. Be careful!!! If you don’t feel comfortable editing the registry, there are plenty of places on the web where you can learn more about it, or get a more experience user to help you. I also recommend that you create a manual Restore Point prior to making any changes to the registry.

7. Restart your computer. You will probably get the BSOD on shutdown because sonypvl3.sys was loaded at the startup. Let the system reboot.

8. Restart your computer again. You should not get the BSOD this time. Once your system restarts, you should be able to use Picture Package.

Additionally… I strongly recommend that you go to your video card manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest drivers for your video card. This is important, especially if your system hangs-up when using Windows Movie Maker. NVIDIA drivers can be found at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp. ATI drivers can be found at http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html. For other chipsets, do a Google search for your particular chipset manufacturer.

Notes:

1. To view clips using the USB cable in the DVD Viewer or the Music/Video Slideshow Producer, use the DVD tab then select Movies under the DVD drive letter assigned to your camcorder. DO NOT use the DVD Handycam tab.

2. Make sure your camcorder is plugged in to the USB port OR insert the mini-DVD into one of your system’s drives prior to starting any of the Picture Package apps. I have found that these apps don’t do a good job of refreshing. If one of the apps seems not to be responding shut it down all Picture Package apps (including the Menu) and then restart.

3. Sony states that it will be providing Vista drivers for many of its digital camcorders on its website at http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=DCRDVD203&news_id=128. As of this posting, the drivers are not available; however, I would encourage others to check the Sony site before undergoing the steps listed above.

4. The steps above were tested with:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Sony DCR-DVD203 camcorder
    • Picture Package version 1.8.
    • An NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS video card.
    • ECS PT890T-A motherboard (VIA PT890 chipset for bus, sound, usb, and ethernet).
    • Intel E6400 Core 2 Duo processor.
    Note: I don’t know if other hardware and/or configurations will obtain similar results. I am not an expert at this. I’m just reporting what worked for me. Use this information at your own risk.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hello, This is a software developers application forum for Vista application compatibility issues and logo certification issues.

To get the fastest best results I recommend that you try the link below for general Vista installation problems or contact Sony for the latest Vista software and support on using their individual application on Vista.

Here's the link for general Vista Issues:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/techsupport/default.mspx

It's another link that might help you as well, it has links to news groups and technet.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=423586&SiteID=1

You can google for Sony's main website and drill down to their support area.

Monday, March 05, 2007 6:54 PM
  • You need to locate the setup.exe file on the CD-ROM provided with the handycam. Look in the :\PPackage directory and select the setup.exe file and choose properties. Then put the file in Windows XP SP2 compability mode.

Start the setup file and the installation will finish correctly.

Jon.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:34 PM
  • it worked!!
    you just made may day :)
    thanks a billion times
    dimitri
    Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:09 PM
  • If you can help some more.

What do you mean by "put the file in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode"?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:42 PM
  • Right click on the exe select properties from the menu, and go to the compatability tab. The rest is self explainatory :-)
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:11 PM
  • Where can i get a copy of Picture Package install software?  I lost my copy.
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:47 PM
  • web search... http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html

or http://www.picture-package.com/

Not responsible for if these work for you or not, but otherwise keep seaching for more places that seem to have downloads like cnet, etc.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:57 PM
  • OK, so I installed the package - not having read these posts, but just by clicking on install again after it told me that it was incompatible with my OS.  Made a mess :~  But I uninstalled it - except one thing that I can't get off - the Sony DVD USB driver.  When i click uninstall it tells me that installation is incompatible with my OS. 

How can I get around this and get rid of this driver - which seems to be still causing problems?
    Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:02 AM
  • I own a Sony DCR-DVD203 camcorder and was having Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues when shutting the computer down after installing the Picture Package 1.8 software on my Vista system. I don’t know if anyone else has been affected by this issue, but for those of you running Vista and getting the BSOD after installing Picture Package, these are the steps I took to resolve the problem:
    1. Remove the Picture Package software using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel. Note: As stated somewhere above, this will not remove the Sony USB DVD drivers, but don’t worry about that. You will need some of these drivers if you want Picture Package to view the video clips on your camcorder.

2. Right-click the Setup.exe icon in the PPackage folder on to your CD Drive then left-click Properties . Right-click on the Compatibility tab, then check the box adjacent to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” Use the default compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2). Right-click the “OK” button.

3. The installer application will install Picture Package first. Next, the installer application will request to install ImageMixer. Cancel this operation (you can use Vista’s built-in Windows DVD Maker and Windows Movie Maker instead). Next, the installer application will request to install the First Step Guide. You can cancel this operation too if you know how to use Picture Package. Finally, the setup will be complete and you will need to reboot your system.

4. Once the system restarts, go to the Picture Package website then download and install the latest update for your version of Picture Package. The Picture Package website can be found at: http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html. You must install this update to resolve the Macro Media Flash Player Required error.

5. Find C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sonypvl3.sys and rename it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sonypvl3.sys.old. This is the offending driver that causes the BSOD. I believe it loads the Pixela codecs, but I’m not an expert in this area, so maybe some more knowledgeable than I can clarify what this file does.

6. Run regedit (or what ever registry editing tool you feel comfortable using) to delete the following key and its sub-keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sonypvl3. Be careful!!! If you don’t feel comfortable editing the registry, there are plenty of places on the web where you can learn more about it, or get a more experience user to help you. I also recommend that you create a manual Restore Point prior to making any changes to the registry.

7. Restart your computer. You will probably get the BSOD on shutdown because sonypvl3.sys was loaded at the startup. Let the system reboot.

8. Restart your computer again. You should not get the BSOD this time. Once your system restarts, you should be able to use Picture Package.

Additionally… I strongly recommend that you go to your video card manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest drivers for your video card. This is important, especially if your system hangs-up when using Windows Movie Maker. NVIDIA drivers can be found at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp. ATI drivers can be found at http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html. For other chipsets, do a Google search for your particular chipset manufacturer.

Notes:

1. To view clips using the USB cable in the DVD Viewer or the Music/Video Slideshow Producer, use the DVD tab then select Movies under the DVD drive letter assigned to your camcorder. DO NOT use the DVD Handycam tab.

2. Make sure your camcorder is plugged in to the USB port OR insert the mini-DVD into one of your system’s drives prior to starting any of the Picture Package apps. I have found that these apps don’t do a good job of refreshing. If one of the apps seems not to be responding shut it down all Picture Package apps (including the Menu) and then restart.

3. Sony states that it will be providing Vista drivers for many of its digital camcorders on its website at http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=DCRDVD203&news_id=128. As of this posting, the drivers are not available; however, I would encourage others to check the Sony site before undergoing the steps listed above.

4. The steps above were tested with:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Sony DCR-DVD203 camcorder
    • Picture Package version 1.8.
    • An NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS video card.
    • ECS PT890T-A motherboard (VIA PT890 chipset for bus, sound, usb, and ethernet).
    • Intel E6400 Core 2 Duo processor.
    Note: I don’t know if other hardware and/or configurations will obtain similar results. I am not an expert at this. I’m just reporting what worked for me. Use this information at your own risk.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 3:47 AM
  • Thanks for your post. Solved the BSOD. Unfortunately, in the PicturePackage DVD viewer does not show any images or videos both in the DVD drive letter and DVD Handycam tab; as if the DVD was blank. Any explanations?

Many thanks.

Windows Vista Ultimate.

PP v. 1.8.1

DCR-DVD405E

Nvidia Gforce 6300, 256Mo

Pentium 4 HT 2.8

Monday, April 09, 2007 6:07 PM
  • GG, You made my day !!

I am able to fix my problem following the steps given by you.

One thing I would like to add though is that the error it gave in BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

When I searched the web for this error, several folks were talking about scary things such as hardware issues.

But as it turned out, its the Sony Picture Package driver issue.

These are the steps I followed to debug the issue from IRQL error and arrive at sonypvl3.sys as the culprit.

Installed Microsoft Debugging Tools for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx).

1. Started WinDbg and opened one of the latest Minidump files (Windows usually saves it at WINDOWS/Minidump directory)
    2. The dump has entries indicating that windows encountered issues with sonypvl3.sys

Well, this whole mess was created by one of the seemingly innocuous windows update.

Cheers !!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same problems:

couldn't shutdown my computer anymore but got a bluescreens with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message instead.

I searched over 20 hours for the problem and found the driver sonypvl3.sys as problemmaker.

The solution described above saved the day.

But now, LISTEN ALL CAREFULLY:

THIS WAS ON Windows XP SP2 after Microsofts Security update from April 1. !!!!!

So as I own a Sony DVD DCR-403 camera with PicturePackage software, this was, where the driver came from.

Lucky, that the main functionalities of this software still work without this driver.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to inform Sony by mail about this new incompatibility of it's

software for Windows XP users!!!!

Too I can't understand, how Microsoft can create a security update that let's the windows computers crash because

of incompatibilities....

Johannes

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:57 AM
  • GG, thanks a billion

problems are all solved now!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:23 AM
  • I own the same Sony DVD 403 but when I used Window XP, I never had any problem when it came to using Sony Picture Package ( SPP). However, since I upgraded into Window Vista and downloaded SPP, it did download and everything seems find except when I tried to upload photos from the camcorder.. Nothing appears on the screen... I tried everything people mentioned above, but I still see nothing on the screen.. Pls help me !  I don't know what else I can do...

And if this still doesn't work, I wonder if I can download window XP back without having to uninstall Vista, can I ?  ( sorry, I just know not much about computer)

Pls advise... Thanks a lot

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:45 AM
  • The exact same problem that causes me a headache recently.. pffff
    Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:49 AM
  • Yes, it worked fine.

But I still can't get any video from the HandyCam.  Does anyone know if it will work with a 4-pin to 4-pin IEEE link?

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:24 PM
  • It seemed work out, but not in my situation. (Dell E520, Core2Duo, GeForce 7300LE)
    The program works great, but when I insert a data cd, Vista Home Premium crashes with BSOD (IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL with 0x0000000a).
    A simple uninstallation did not fix the cause of the crash. I had to use System Restore to get rid of the problem..... Come on Sony, where is the update!!
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:16 PM
  • Did you try renaming the pvl3.sys to vpl3.sys.old?

Also, have you tried windows movie maker to import?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 4:57 PM
  • I use Windows XP and have been having huge problems in the last month or so with "Blue Screen of Death".  GG's entry was extremely helpful for resolving this (although I ended up rebuilding the computer first).  There was also another entry at http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/8691/146275.html from Robert that was very helpful re installing an earlier version of Macromedia Flash Player (as when I re-installed Picture Package it wouldn't work saying needed to install Macromedia Flash Player).

I agree that it seems to be something in a Windows update since 1 April 2007 that has caused the problems - I last used Picture Package successfully to upload movie files (I have a DCR-DVD703E) to my laptop around January 2007. 

Although the advice mentioned above was great in terms of getting Picture Package working without getting the BSoD, I still also could not see the movie files on my DVD camcorder when plugging in via USB cable.  I found some other advice though that has solved this - kept getting a message that the disc was either corrupt or not compatible with Windows.  Seems that the current version of Windows will only recognise files from your Sony DVD camcorder if you have FINALISED the files first.  I tried this and worked perfectly - after hours and hours of working on fixing (the last time I uploaded I did not have to finalise, so something has definitely changed in Windows since Jan 07).  Probably means that re-recordable discs are no good any more, but at least I can upload the files now.  Hope this helps as seems to be a a very recent problem and I've seen quite a few entries without a positive response.

Cheers

Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:41 AM
  • Fantastic it works however..... when i view my handycam footage in picture package i have sound. BUT when it is played in Windows media player or windows movie maker i have picture but no sound. Can you please help

Many thanks squeaky72

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:51 AM
  • To squeaky72:

I can tell you for certain that Movie Maker is working very well for me (including the audio), so it has to be something to do with your system's configuration.

The problem might have to do with the codecs installed on your system. You may want to disable them in Movie Maker to see if this works. You can easily do this by going to the Movie Maker menu bar >Tools>Options>Compatibility and deselect the filters installed by Sony and other vendors. I have both of the Sony filters turned off. You can also manually rename the offending codecs (visit the Papa John's Crashes and Hangs page site listed below for instructions on how to do this).

Here's a great site that can help you with MM2 problems:

http://www.papajohn.org/

Here's what Papa John has to say:

The 'work-around' for many MM2 hangs/crashes/lockups/audio issues, especially those that occur while editing a project (adding a text/credit, moving a clip in the timeline, adding a clip to the timeline, etc.), are to lower the computer's hardware acceleration setting and 'un-register' selected codecs (.ax files) used by other software. Both are easy to test and implement work-arounds for.

For details, go to the Problem Solving... Crashes and Hangs page of the menu, or click on this link:

http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-Acceleration-and-Codecs.html

Good luck!

GG

Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:30 AM
  • Thanks alot GG...

It works and now i can make movies again. HARAY.... BUT and there is a But i still have no sound when i view it in media player? can i also turn fiters off in here and if so where do i go. I am running windows vista and i think the media player is 11 or later.

Also dose it matter if i uncheck all the filters and if so what will it do?

Hope you can help again

Many thanks

Squeaky72

Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:27 AM
  •  

hi all,

i was going through this forum. i had the same problem of compatibility of sony dvd handycam. i followed the instruction of changing the compatibility of the exe file. installation went through. but after that i am facing the same problem of BSOD. I tried system restore. but it did not work properly. i am a non technical person and have recently bought this laptop (lenevo 3000Y 500) with vista. will somebody guide me how to get rid of this problem

the error i am getting after starting is as follows.

the windows had recovered from an unexpected shut down. 

the details

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2

Locale ID:                                             16393

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               a

BCP1:                                                    000000B0

BCP2:                                                    00000002

BCP3:                                                    00000000

BCP4:                                                    81C0C0F3

OS Version:                                          6_0_6000

Service Pack:                                       0_0

Product:                                               768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini051207-05.dmp

C:\Users\sourav\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-87547-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\sourav\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAF51.tmp.version.txt

regards

sourav

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:47 AM
  • GG,

i am non technical person, can u plzzz guide me as what do u meant by

"Run regedit (or what ever registry editing tool you feel comfortable using) to delete the following key and its sub-keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sonypvl3. Be careful!!! If you don’t feel comfortable editing the registry, there are plenty of places on the web where you can learn more about it, or get a more experience user to help you. I also recommend that you create a manual Restore Point prior to making any changes to the registry."

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:02 AM
  • Squeaky72:

I believe that the option to disable filters in Movie Maker affects only Movie Maker and not any other apps. This likely explains why you still cannot get the audio to work in Media Player. To rectify this problem for Media Player, I think you will need to disable the offending codec(s) by following the procedures on Papa John's site.

You won't hurt anything by unchecking all of the filters in Movie Maker -- worst case is that something might not work correctly -- in which case, you can recheck the required filter.

GG

Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:08 AM
  • sourav_m:

The most important thing to get rid of the BSOD is to rename sonypvl3.sys to sonypvl3.sys.old (or something similar).  This is the driver that causes the BSOD.  Once you rename it and reboot, you will find that you no longer get the BSOD.

Deleting the registry key simply removes the call to load
    sonypvl3.sys
    at boot.  Once you change the file's name, Windows won't be able to find it -- thus the driver cannot be loaded next time the system is booted.   If you are not certain how to modify the registry, you can leave it as is.  It's cleaner if you delete the registry key -- but not mandatory.

If you wish to remove the registry key, you need to run regedit from the "Run" box (in Vista, this has been moved to "Accessories" in the Start Menu unless you customized the Start Menu to include "Run..." on the right-hand pane).  Before you try editing the Windows registry, you should learn more about it so that you do not make a mistake.  There is plenty of information on the internet on how to modify the registry, so I'm not going to go into detail here.

GG

Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:41 AM
  • Jon,

Thanks very much for your advice. I could not get it work either. I am thankful to you.

Regards,

Levent

Friday, May 18, 2007 2:08 AM
  • i installed the software and everything but how did you get the driver to install properly cuz i keep getting unrecognized errors..i can't even get the usb installed!
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:41 PM
  • I have just talked to Sony tech support of Hong Kong. I was told that for their customers that are using Vista, they are being advised to use other video editing softwares until Picture Package comes out with a Vista compatible version.   Sad

So, how do you guys get the video from your handycam, if you can't see the video clips in a tweaked Picture Package? Finalized the DVD in the handycam, then importing the .vob files into your machine?

mink.
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:50 AM
  • If you read Sony's form letter they are interested in fixing PP for current and future products, not with old products.  I fixed my problem by disabling the DEP feature in Vista, Data Execution Prevention, and then using Movie Maker, as the Sony site suggests.

I had one other problem, the six foot Radio Shack 4-pin to 4-pin just wasn't up to specs, the 2.6 foot Belkin worked just fine.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:19 PM
  • HOLY !*/$%&? IT WORKED!!! When I read this forum I didn't believe it would work. You're awesome! Thanks! Will this work for other applications such as NERO as well?
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:21 AM
  • Thank you so much Bruce, it works just fine.  That was a brilliant idea.  Something that Windows Vista could not help users with, you did in just a sec.  Awesome job.  Thanks
    Monday, June 04, 2007 3:43 PM
  • I can now get my PP to work on the system, the new problem am having now is when i click on the Burn DVD/VCD button my camcorder, I have two different errors messages, its either the system is asking me to put in blank CD which i do and nothings happens or the cam tells me to check my connect.

When i connect my camcorder, its also not showing under my computer as an attached drive, is that correct or am I missing something.  Pls help.
    Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:12 PM
  • First, thanks for the information, it is working with XP as well.

To update the information, sony has release an update for the sonypvl3.sys driver to the version 1.1.0.0 and it's working fine and no more BSOD. You can find the update at this link: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRDVD203&UpdateType=Updates . It was release on 05/24/2007.

It might help as well the Vista community.

Good luck

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:59 PM
  • Hello,

I have a SONY DCR-DVD307E handy cam and I'm running Vista. I can't get Vista to accept Picture Package. I'm open to all suggestions on how to transfer videos from the Handycam to the computer and what DVD editing/filing/organizing software to use.

Thanks in advance. Smith:Thailand(Ayutthaya)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:37 AM
  • Brilliant. worked like a charm.

Wish the folks @ Microsoft could have this built into Vista...

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:36 AM
  •  

Hey Everybody,

I bought an Sony handy cam Model DCR-HC38E  , I got  all  said accessories after a long time (where's it supplied with every pack). Why ? No accessories with that pack ? Not even USB Cable too.

Whenever It Clearly mentioned :  Accessories supplied with DCR-HC38E - AC adaptor, mains lead, AV Cable, USB cable, Rechargeable Battery - NP-FH30, Software CD, Operating Instructions.

Now after some day Our Beloved Dealer ( Sony's recommended Authorization) gave me  an usb cable with  software cd  picture motion  browser  for  install USB cable driver  and other necessary application For windows) I Prefer to use ( windows Xp service pack 2.)

But That Ware didn't perform !  No Driver Found!  No Link Discover ! (I've a ilink cable also) .

Where other one which I  lend from one of my friend it  works.  at least Found New Hard Ware  Shows.

I just want where I get  that particular soft ware for particular model . Where I 'll get it . I live at jalpaiguri I bought it  From The Anil Refrigeration .

Please Help Help Just Help Me Out !

jayanta_z@yahoo.co.in

Friday, August 31, 2007 6:40 PM
  •  

WOWWWWWWWW !!!What a nice similarity ,

The Specific Supplied ware PICTURE-PACKAGE didn't find USB driver and my windows(Obviously Upgraded XP) didn't locate ilink cable,  It happens on Me too        Thank God I'm Not Alone.  All Next comming buyer Be Alert.

Saturday, September 01, 2007 3:43 AM

• This was very helpful with the new Vista.  Now when I run the PP program with my camcorder hooked up you can not see any pictures or video.  Do you know how to fix it????  I have tried using the program that came vista and still nothing.  Would appreciate your help.
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Were you able to get this fixed?  If so can you let me know how.

Thanks,
    Tammy
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:34 PM
  •  Abbey wrote:
    I can now get my PP to work on the system, the new problem am having now is when i click on the Burn DVD/VCD button my camcorder, I have two different errors messages, its either the system is asking me to put in blank CD which i do and nothings happens or the cam tells me to check my connect.

When i connect my camcorder, its also not showing under my computer as an attached drive, is that correct or am I missing something.  Pls help.

Im having the same problem as abbey, also i can get picture pacakage to recognise the camcorder but it wont burn and copy etc. I also cant get Wondows Movie Maker to recognise it, since PP is, do i have to play around with settins in Movie Maker???

If some one can help it would be much appriciated

Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:37 AM
  • I change properties XP SP2 but it still dispaying  an error  IMX VCD2 setup    thanks for helping me    I AM LEARNING ENGLISH SO I HAVAE TO PRESENT MY EXCUSES FOR MY SPELLING   THANKS AGAIN

Monday, September 17, 2007 3:25 AM
  • Im having problems with picture package as well.   Have done the changes re: as directed and it has installed.   HOWEVER      I am getting an error in IMX VCD2 setup.   Any clues?

Cheers

Susie

Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:46 AM
  • I've fixed it!    Went to the Picture Package site and downloaded latest update.   Installed.   Rebooted and VOILA!

Up and running.

Even though no one answered..........thank you for all your previous emails because that is where I got the clue.

Cheers

Susie

Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:08 PM
  •  

Dear Friend.....

SONY released a new Application for VISTA, named Picture Motion Browser Version 2.0.12, So, no need to use PICTURE PACKAGE anymore ..

What does this do?

The Picture Package® for DVD Handycam® version 1.8.x software supplied with the camcorder is not compatible with Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system. Sony is offering Picture Motion Browser version 2.0.12 software as an alternative to use with the camcorder and Windows Vista operating system.

Features of Picture Motion Browser version 2.0.12 software:

• Calendar view to view and manage imported images by date.
    • Video Trimming function to cut a movie into segments or to save a scene as a still image.
    • DVD-Video Creation function to create and original DVD disc from imported images.
    • Video Disc Copier to make a copy of a previously created disc.

Heres the link to download

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=2851&os_id=OSID&mdl=DCRDVD203 

Approx 140 Mb ..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Snake

Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:14 AM
  • Where can i get a copy of Picture Package instal software?  I lost my copy.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:59 AM
  • I have a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD405 and have the same problem.  I use Roxio 8.  Just got a new desktop with Vista OS.  It warned me that there were compatibility issues with the Roxio 8 software.  I decided to install anyway (since I was still in the process of installing drivers and software I figured I could always do a System Recovery in a worst case scenario).  Roxio 8 installed without a hitch.  I imported my videos to the PC using Roxio 8 Media Importer.  No problem.  Actually it worked better than on XP (but I suspect the old Intel P4 3.06 GHz 1 GB RAMM couldn't handle the workload), but that may well be due in part to the Quad Core E6600 with 4 GB RAM I have installed on the new PC.

I compiled the videos and burned to DVD.  No problem.

Played back the DVD on my regular DVD player and no problem with playback.

There may be hitches with other functionalities of Roxio 8, but so far it's getting it done.

Speaking of Vista issues though:  I have a Brother MFC-8840 and the printer driver has been "retooled" to work with Vista and is preinstalled on the PC's HD.  However I have lost the scanner and fax functions ... with no fix in sight fromBrother.  Does anyone have any suggestions? (I really need to get the scanner functioning because I scan to PC frequently)

Sunday, December 09, 2007 2:24 AM
  • I put the file in Windows XP mode but the installation did not finish correclty.  I tried to uninstall but this pops up:

setup DLL\setup DLL .cpp439

pAPP: Picture Package

Pvendor: sony corporation

PGUID: 1E2F8AE3-3437-44E6-BB75-E95751DB83F

$7.1.100.1248

@WINDOWS XP Service pack 2

(2600)  IE 7.0.6000.16546

What does this mean and how can I uninstall Picture Pkg.  program.

I have windows vista on my computer............thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:10 PM
  • Here is how I got rid of the sony handycam driver on my vista machine.

The driver was causing my machine to go to a blue screen and reboot every time I inserted a DVD.

It now works like a charm after a year of fighting it.

Warning: These procedures are fairly technical and you may need someone to help you perform them.

I searched the registry for any sign of the handycam driver and found this.

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6F845B05-8B76-4302-A808-7FB21E2BC5E6}\Setup.exe" UNINSTALL

-----------------------------------------

I went the the following directory and file in Windows Explorer using the information gathered above: ( note this directory may be hidden and you will need to show hidden files and directories )

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6F845B05-8B76-4302-A808-7FB21E2BC5E6}\Setup.exe

------------------------------------------

Go into properties and make setup.exe run in WinXP SP2 compatibility mode. I also checked run it as administrator.

------------------------------------------

Now create a shortcut in the same directory to run the following:

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6F845B05-8B76-4302-A808-7FB21E2BC5E6}\Setup.exe" UNINSTALL

-------------------------------------------

Run the shortcut and the driver will uninstall.

Reboot

And the Handycam should no londer be listed in add remove programs.

My DVD plays and burns perfectly!

My problem was solved!

I feel like celebrating!!!

Good luck!

ps. anyone want to buy a slightly used sony dvd handycam?

Friday, December 14, 2007 3:52 AM
  • Antonious how exactly (step by step if you can) you fix the sony dvd - handycam problem. I dont care about sony software, what I want is HOW TO FIX THIS STUPID VISTA and avoiding the restoring point and be able to save the dard drive

thanks for your help

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:49 PM
  • Jon,

I an technology impaired. I load the disk and it asks about clicking on a button to install. Where do i find the exe file?

Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:02 AM
  • If you are experiencing the same problem as I in Vista with the Sony handycam, the problem is not Vista it is Sony's install/uninstall for its handycam driver. You must trick the uninstall into thinking it is running on a WinXP machine.

Once the handycam driver is installed in Vista it messes with my DVD Drive. When you go to remove it, it fails because it sees you are running Vista.  Kinda a catch22.

The instructions above get around the vista uninstall problem.  Get rid of the Sony Handycam DVD driver and your DVD should function as it should.

The instructions above are the best I can give. That is a rather technical procedure and if your are not familiar with the operations listed, you should find a friend or computer technician who is. It should be a simple procedure for them.

Perry

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:45 AM
  •  zennio wrote:
    [quote="hootier"]

Hello,

I have a SONY DCR-DVD305 handy cam and I'm running Vista. I can't get Vista to accept Picture Package. I'm open to all suggestions on how to transfer videos from the Handycam to the computer and what DVD editing/filing/organizing software to use.

Thanks in advance. Mike

I'm having the same problem as Mike, and i can't find a solution anywhere...

if anyone could help me (us), I'd be forever grateful
    thanks in advance.
    Dimitri
    thank you
    Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:10 PM
  • Ok I changed the setup file to xp compatible mode, and it seemed to install the program. but then i had a problem with macromedia flash player... so i think iv fixed the flash player problem by changing it to run as administrator and installing an update for it, but the picture package still wont run!? is there anything im doing wrong? any help please!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:02 AM
  • This new picture package sounds good but when Im entering the camera details it wont accept the camera name???? Its a Handycam DCR-HC44E.........  i hate microsoft

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:09 AM
  •  squeaky72 wrote:

Fantastic it works however..... when i view my handycam footage in picture package i have sound. BUT when it is played in Windows media player or windows movie maker i have picture but no sound. Can you please help

Many thanks squeaky72

I have this same problem with picture motion browser on XP and it plays on there with sound no problem but when I try to put it in movie maker or media player, there is no sound. also I can't create a dvd on PMB as that has no sound either. Disabling filters in movie maker doesn't seem to work for me (mainly because there are no sony ones there!) what do I do??

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:35 PM
  • please heeeelp!

i installed the picture package on my pc (windows vista o.s.) and now its causing the same problem someone has mentioned above: the blue screen that appears everytime i insert a dvd + the program itself is not working... i've seen that there are other programs as options to discharge the videos from the handycam, so i wanna unistall this one, but I CANT! ad i didnt understand a word of what you said in this post...

please, can smone help me?

Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:29 AM
  •  

Hey any chance you would have a CD ROM part number? I bought my camera 2nd hand and didnt get a CD ROM with it so i cant hook my camera up to my vista laptop
    Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:11 AM
  • i have the DCR-HC36 handycam model and i installed the picture package software on my windows vista home basic computer and it wont connect my camera to any of the programs i tried changing the properties to XP SP2 but when installSheild wizard sets it up a wndow pops up saying " this programn supports only windows vista. Cannot run on the current windowsn operating systems"

Please Help
    Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:13 PM
  • i can pay you via paypal if you can break this down a little bit for me

Friday, May 23, 2008 1:14 AM
  • It's been almost a year since you posted this and still it's helping us all! I just signed up to say thanks a gazillion! My problem was that I was not only having BSODs during shut downs, I was also having them when I put in any cd installer. Now, I can finally install the necessary stuff I need for work. Thanks really!

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

The Sony Picture Package software supplied with the camcorder is not compatible with Windows Vista operating system. Sony is offering Picture Motion Browser version 2.0.12 software as an alternative to use with the camcorder and Windows Vista operating system.

Please refer the following link for more clarification.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--esupportsonycom-perl-swu-downloadplupdid2851osid27templateid1regionid1SMBYESKSMFlag7370&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_SOFTWARE_DRIVERS_1_1&dialogID=2456872&stateId=1%200%202462092

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Leena

Friday, June 27, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Help please!

I have installed the Picture Motion Browser but my PC is STILL not recognising my Hanycam DCR-HC46. I only have a USB lead. Am i right in thinking I need an i.Link? If so, where do I get one and how much do they cost?!?

I have 3 full tapes to load onto my PC and I'm desperate to wipe them!

Best wishes

Emma

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:38 PM
  • Hey, im running Windows Vista Home basic, in not sure if it's 64 or 32 bits, im almost sure it's 32 though and i have already changed the compatibility and there's nothing happening, im still getting the incompatibility message window, i been working on it since 4 am and it's now almos 5 pm here on this side of the world and i dont seem to be getting anywhere, please help.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Try going to the following Sony's website to download the most current software, you'll be able to specify by your current Microsoft Operating System:  http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRSR47  Choose your model camcorder though.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:14 AM
  • hi ! the language setting of my camera is on Japanese...

I badly need to have the settings on how to transfer the video from tape to my computer..

please help:(

Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:08 PM
  • hi ! the language setting of my camera is on Japanese...

I badly need to have the settings on how to transfer the video from tape to my computer..

please help:(

-by the way i have the same model dcr-hc46
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:09 PM