none
Windows Vista does not support Compaq Presario BIOS

Question

• I have find out Windows Vista does not support Compaq Presario BIOS,So alot of ya can not install with Compaq computer. Because Compaq have make their own Bios. Vista does not support it. I think all of ya get this error message after the first reboot:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows did not start correctly. A recent software or hardware change might be the cause.

If you have a windows installation disc, insert the disc and restart. Click system recovery options and then choose a recovery tool. (Startup repair, available in some versions of Windows can automatically diagnose and fix startup problems.)

If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: Windows failed to load because the ACPI firmware (BIOS) RSDP table is invalid.

Hope Microsoft can slove this problem soon!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:50 PM

All replies

• It's not a matter that Vista doesn't support Compaq it's Compaq that doesn't support Vista. It's up to Compaq (well HP) to provide a fix.

Willy.

I have find out Windows Vista does not support Compaq Presario BIOS,So alot of ya can not install with Compaq computer. Because Compaq have make their own Bios. Vista does not support it. I think all of ya get this error message after the first reboot:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows did not start correctly. A recent software or hardware change might be the cause.

If you have a windows installation disc, insert the disc and restart. Click system recovery options and then choose a recovery tool. (Startup repair, available in some versions of Windows can automatically diagnose and fix startup problems.)

If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: Windows failed to load because the ACPI firmware (BIOS) RSDP table is invalid.

Hope Microsoft can slove this problem soon!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:16 AM
  • I think that Vista lover has solved his problem since 2006 !

But I had the same display when booting a brand new PC :

Problem was a bad connexion between mother board and graphic board.

Removed and mounted again the graphic board several times until its OK.

This post may help someone with this problem after 2011 Dec !

Friday, December 30, 2011 5:00 PM
  • This is actually a forum for people writing code, it's not a place where people should be asking why their Compaq doesn't work.  Perhaps connect.microsoft.com is a better place to reprt issues.
    Phil Wilson
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:34 PM
  • This is not a Windows development issue. If you are interested in solving hardware an driver problems, Answers forums are for your service.

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Friday, December 30, 2011 7:36 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:36 PM