none
Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver

Question

• Hi

I have recently performed the installation of Vista SP1 to my HP TX1250ea laptop.

I am now getting an error message saying that the driver for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" is missing.

When you try and install an updated driver, it fails.

I am also now unable to connect to my desktop PC via the ethernet connection and wonder if the two are related - ie network adapter driver problem?

The error dislog box says that the problem is caused by the network adapter.

I have used the HP download website to update all the installed drivers, but this does not cure the problem.

The hardware ID is shown as:-

BTHENUM\{db1d8f12-95f3-402c-9b97-bc504c9a55c4}_LOCALMFG&000f

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Nick

Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick.

I am afraid that you probably won't get much of a response here. This forum is really for developers trying to learn about creating applications for notebooks, Tablet PCs, and UMPCs. You are far more likely to find an expert who has the immediate answer to your question if you ask this on the Windows Vista General Discussion newsgroup or the Windows Vista Hardware and Devices newsgroup.

Unfortunately, I cannot automatically move the post to those newsgroups; you'll have to do that manually.

Good luck getting this resolved.

Eliot - MSFT

General: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US

Device: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:12 PM
  • Hi Eliot

Thanks for the reply.

The maddening thing is that this is now the fourth time I have been redirected from one Vista forum to another - each time by one of the "staff".

I'll try what you suggest and see if I get any further.

Thanks again

Nick
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:23 PM
  • Hi Nick.

I am sorry you're getting handed off from forum to forum. It's really out of my realm (which is developer docs for Tablet PC and Windows Client Community), but I'll try to help you. 

Forgive me if I am going down a path that you've trodden, but have you looked at the HP site for installing Windows Vista SP1 on the TX1250 ea? (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01394455&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3467448&os=2093)

I found some interesting information that may help, if you haven't tried it already. To wit:

HP strongly recommends that customers acquire SP1 using Windows Update . By going through Windows Update, the application will validate whether or not the computer is ready for SP1. If the computer is not currently ready, Microsoft can provide a variety of updates and fixes for drivers and other issues that will ensure that the computer will be ready for SP1 at the end of the process.
    Many customers who Installed SP1 manually by bypassing the Windows Update validation and correction process, have encounter problems because the required drivers were not updated.
    Beginning in mid-March 2008, SP1 became available for download in Windows Update as an update. Beginning in mid-April, SP1 will automatically download as a critical update on Windows Vista-based computers that have automatic updating enabled. This is the easiest and most convenient way to update a Windows Vista computer.
    And though these do not match your issue exactly, maybe the fixes can work for your bluetooth and/or network drivers.

After installing SP1, my audio stopped working. What should I do?
    Microsoft has reported that certain audio chip sets will fail when SP1 is installed causing the sound features to stop working. Running the Windows Update function, even after installing SP1, may detect and resolve most problems. Additionally, you should run the HP Update and HP Health Check utilities at least once a week to check for all HP updated drivers.
    You may wish to visit the Microsoft and the HP web sites to search for solutions that match the exact no audio conditions you are experiencing. See Resolving No Sound or Audio Problems in Vista .
    My fingerprint reader stopped working. What should I do?
    The Fingerprint reader on HP notebook PCs is a USB connected device, and drivers are only available on the HP website. Updated fingerprint reader drivers are not available on Windows Update.
    If your computer has a fingerprint reader, go to the HP Software & Driver Downloads page, type the Product number for your PC, select Vista operating system , and check for the latest AuthenTec fingerprint driver. 
    I will also check with colleagues and see if anyone has heard of similar issues.

Sincerely,

Eliot - MSFT
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Hi All, Try this ===>>> http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
    Friday, June 12, 2009 10:50 PM
  • Try this one: bluetooth peripheral device driver download vista. It has a free tool that will help you update your drivers automatically. Plus, there's this handy driver search tool to help you out in case you don't have correct driver. The complete list of bluetooth device manufaturers  will guide you to choose the right driver for your operating system when performing the search. Hope it helps.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:59 PM