none
http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

Question

• I have Vista Home premium 32 bit. In the Event Viewer details shows this error. What does this mean? How can I fix the problem if fixable?

Thank you

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{cfc18ec0-96b1-4eba-961b-622caee05b0a}" />
      <EventID>400</EventID>
      <Version>1</Version>
      <Level>2</Level>
      <Task>4005</Task>
      <Opcode>37</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-09-01T12:58:15.638Z" />
      <EventRecordID>196</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation ActivityID="{00000000-E0C8-0000-BD2A-11C594ECC701}" />
      <Execution ProcessID="1856" ThreadID="3192" />
      <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
      <Computer>DAYPressureW-PC</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="ShellScenarioStartTime">2007-09-01T12:58:06.224Z</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellScenarioEndTime">2007-09-01T12:58:11.224Z</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellSubScenario">1</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellScenarioDuration">5000</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellRootCauseBits">66</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellAnalysisResult">0</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellDegradationType">1</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellTsVersion">1</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellMachineUpTimeHours">0</Data>
      <Data Name="ShellMachineSleepPattern">0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
    Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:20 PM

All replies

• I'm getting the same error with the same version of Windows Vista Home Premium.

My Windows will not shut down, I have to shut it down with the hot button or leave it on.

Can not find out if they are related errors or not or even if there is a correction to either problem.

• Proposed as answer by tetefecha Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:18 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:39 AM
  • I have the same error.  Would like to know what is causing it. 

Also having print spooler problems with vista.   My brother MFC-640cw prints small files ok, but not .pdf's or graphics files.   I contacted brother and they took me into the printer setup to print directly to the printer - it works, but you still can't print large files.   So brother said there is no problem with their driver, my network, or the printer - it's the vista spooler.   But how do I fix???  The whole reason i bought this new machine was to do this kind of work.  
    • Proposed as answer by Roz60 Friday, July 09, 2010 6:05 PM
    Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:29 PM
  • I have this problem also. I have to hold down the hot button until the computer shuts off. When I turn it back on, I get the black screen and the options of Safe Mode or start Windows normally.  Does anyone know how this can be corrected?

Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:36 PM
  • WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING THE QUESTION AS TO HOW TO CORRECT THIS? IS IT NOT CORRECTIBLE?

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
      <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
      <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
      <Version>0</Version>
      <Level>2</Level>
      <Task>0</Task>
      <Opcode>0</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-02-04T15:32:03.000Z" />
      <EventRecordID>8701</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation />
      <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
      <Channel>System</Channel>
      <Computer>Deborah-PC</Computer>
      <Security />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="param1">Parallel port driver</Data>
      <Data Name="param2">%%1058</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
    Monday, February 04, 2008 6:43 PM
  • You know what   that is what i would like to know also...why no response...i dont get it....

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:54 PM
  • I also have this problem. It is the only suspicious looking event in the event viewer following a BSOD on Vista Home Premium SP1. After seeing all 10 threads on the internet regarding this problem (most in German), there is no reply by an MVP anywhere regarding this issue.  I challenge any MVP to provide us with a solution. We are all waiting.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:46 AM
  • Same problem for me...
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:41 AM
  • I think we all have the same laptop, if not same similar. If we dont have similar laptops we have similar wireless adapters. The wireless adapters in our computers are cheap, and they get hot, so hot they overheat. When a wireless adapter gets hot and stops working properly, unexpected behaviour such as that described in this thread begins. If you're making a lot of internet connections using your wireless adapter and it stays really busy, for example playing a game, or having multiple applications open - it could be over heating (just feel it). Regular web browsing typically won't be enough to overheat the wireless adapter, that's why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :/

What I did: Use a network cable. Now when I'm on my laptop I plug in the network cable directly to the router. Turn the wireless switch off.

Another thing worth trying is a LAPTOP COOLER to prevent overheating.

Even if it does overheat and stop working, turn the switch off for about 15 minutes (or 5) and when you turn it back on you may connect again - although only briefly.

Scott Morrison
    Scott eSolutions Ltd.
    www.scottesolutions.com
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:39 PM
  •  

Well I have a Server 2008 box, with 2 Quad Processors running Hyper-V and I get the same error - So go figure.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:52 PM
  • BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} <script><!-- function f(e){ if (e.className=="ci"){if (e.children(0).innerText.indexOf("\n")>0) fix(e,"cb");} if (e.className=="di"){if (e.children(0).innerText.indexOf("\n")>0) fix(e,"db");} e.id=""; } function fix(e,cl){ e.className=cl; e.style.display="block"; j=e.parentElement.children(0); j.className="c"; k=j.children(0); k.style.visibility="visible"; k.href="#"; } function ch(e){ mark=e.children(0).children(0); if (mark.innerText=="+"){ mark.innerText="-"; for (var i=1;i<e.children.length;i++) e.children(i).style.display="block"; } else if (mark.innerText=="-"){ mark.innerText="+"; for (var i=1;i<e.children.length;i++) e.children(i).style.display="none"; }} function ch2(e){ mark=e.children(0).children(0); contents=e.children(1); if (mark.innerText=="+"){ mark.innerText="-"; if (contents.className=="db"||contents.className=="cb") contents.style.display="block"; else contents.style.display="inline"; } else if (mark.innerText=="-"){ mark.innerText="+"; contents.style.display="none"; }} function cl(){ e=window.event.srcElement; if (e.className!="c"){e=e.parentElement;if (e.className!="c"){return;}} e=e.parentElement; if (e.className=="e") ch(e); if (e.className=="k") ch2(e); } function ex(){} function h(){window.status=" ";} document.onclick=cl; --></script>
    Guys,

I am using Windows 7 enterprise and I am receiving this error now as well. Funny thing though is this is a Fresh windows 7 install, although I did transfer my documents over, but nothing else. I am wonderng what kind of motherboard you guys are using or ram? This is a brand new system:

AMD Phenom 2 dual core black edition
    MB Model: BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} <script><!-- function f(e){ if (e.className=="ci"){if (e.children(0).innerText.indexOf("\n")>0) fix(e,"cb");} if (e.className=="di"){if (e.children(0).innerText.indexOf("\n")>0) fix(e,"db");} e.id=""; } function fix(e,cl){ e.className=cl; e.style.display="block"; j=e.parentElement.children(0); j.className="c"; k=j.children(0); k.style.visibility="visible"; k.href="#"; } function ch(e){ mark=e.children(0).children(0); if (mark.innerText=="+"){ mark.innerText="-"; for (var i=1;i<e.children.length;i++) e.children(i).style.display="block"; } else if (mark.innerText=="-"){ mark.innerText="+"; for (var i=1;i<e.children.length;i++) e.children(i).style.display="none"; }} function ch2(e){ mark=e.children(0).children(0); contents=e.children(1); if (mark.innerText=="+"){ mark.innerText="-"; if (contents.className=="db"||contents.className=="cb") contents.style.display="block"; else contents.style.display="inline"; } else if (mark.innerText=="-"){ mark.innerText="+"; contents.style.display="none"; }} function cl(){ e=window.event.srcElement; if (e.className!="c"){e=e.parentElement;if (e.className!="c"){return;}} e=e.parentElement; if (e.className=="e") ch(e); if (e.className=="k") ch2(e); } function ex(){} function h(){window.status=" ";} document.onclick=cl; --></script> Gigabyte MA-790GPT-UD3H
    Memory: 4 GB RAM 1600 DDR-3 RAM

I already have tried 2 different video cards. One cheaper one, and one $200 one. I don't do any graphic intense applications
    I do have a lot of tabs open in my browser though
    Run AV and anti spyware proframs and am very careful with things I download on this system...

- < Event xmlns =" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event " >
    - < System >
      < Provider Name =" Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power " Guid =" {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} " />
      < EventID > 41 </ EventID >
      < Version > 2 </ Version >
      < Level > 1 </ Level >
      < Task > 63 </ Task >
      < Opcode > 0 </ Opcode >
      < Keywords > 0x8000000000000002 </ Keywords >
      < TimeCreated SystemTime =" 2010-01-23T17:05:58.069660300Z " />
      < EventRecordID > 15585 </ EventRecordID >
      < Correlation />
      < Execution ProcessID =" 4 " ThreadID =" 8 " />
      < Channel > System </ Channel >
      < Computer > phenom2dual </ Computer >
      < Security UserID =" S-1-5-18 " />
      </ System >
    - < EventData >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckCode " > 0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter1 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter2 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter3 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" BugcheckParameter4 " > 0x0 </ Data >
      < Data Name =" SleepInProgress " > false </ Data >
      < Data Name =" PowerButtonTimestamp " > 0 </ Data >
      </ EventData >
      </ Event >
    • Proposed as answer by 000011112222 Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:07 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:09 AM
  • I found this wierd bug today while searching to see if somebody hacked into my computer. I was looking in my system event files and there this was, many times and at differents dates and times. It was similar to all that you all show, with minor changes here and there. The same name "amdkmdag" which looked like somebodys personal ID showed up under "source" along with the task being "DVD_OV". Now, I had many of these show up because I watch many movies on HULU, I don't have a TV or watch cable. And the same name amdkmdag also showed up along with the security event file http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event as the provider: amdkmdag. They must be one in the same name, so maybe if all you people watch any movie from HULU it could be related to that, either that or I've been hacked! Another thought, it might not just be movies from HULU, it could be all online video related. I also read a message from Windows firewall that it wasn't able to send me a warning about something while reading the security event files, probably because I have Macafee instead and had to turn it off, and maybe thats why I didn't get the error message like you guys did, although Macafee should have passed it on through, so now I still wonder if I am being hacked! Well good luck to you, I'm going to the Geek Squad!

I am only making an educated guesse here, but I think the reason that the error message is coming up first of all may vary per persone, but they all seem to have a common thread and that is how your computer is operating and performing and the reason the message comes up is becuase your computer is automatically running a diagnostic test from time to time. When it runs the diagnostic test, if it finds that your compurter at the time it is running the test is not running up to par, it shoots back an error message to you. Say you are watching an online video from Netflix or HULU, and it has alot of very busy action scenes, this takes up alot of computer memory and ram and so on and if you don't have a large enough hard drive and ram (I'm not a computer expert) then the movie will slow down or stop, the sound will stop, pauses will occur, and this is what the diagnostic test picks up on and generates error messages and that might be what these error event messages are. What to do about them? Try getting more hard drive space in your computer, maybe that would help.

• Proposed as answer by Subaru Sally Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Subaru Sally Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:29 AM
    • Edited by Subaru Sally Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:25 AM
  • Basically you have viewed a certain event that had happened in your computer in XML format which is a computer based language I just started to learn this myself as I have the same error message in the event log.  But basically put it reads as is eg. <EventID>400</EventID> which translates to none other then, the identification number is 400 if you type that into google it may tell you what it is under microsofts webpage.  Ps in the event viewer or event log there should be a option friendly view which puts all of this into a more understandable format.  Heck if you feel ambitious you can find a XML translator I personally found one on the internet and he gives a very easy to understand example.  get back to me and let me know what you think. 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:34 AM
  • I, also, have the same thing going on with my system. I have an AMD Phenom ll 955 Quad-core, 8GB DDR2, 1TB Sata Hard Drive with integrated ATI Radeon HD Grafics card. I am running windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I never play games, watch movies or have a whole lot of programs running at the same time. Basically just use it to sell on ebay. It started happening in August and I still don't know what it is or why, but thanks for the tip, coming from the above post. 
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:38 AM
  •  Guys this problem is related to our hardware at least i m pretty sure that s the case with me 

Even Servers can have halfy halfy hardware i feel like that nowadays 25 % of the hardware even the so called qualtiy expensive things aren t what they re supposed to be

I have tried all possible ways to resolve this  outage  - In the end i  reinstalled windows and after the problem wasn t fix  

Then i did a clean all again via cmd and tried installing first Ubuntu then Linux Munt

Same thing  when i started using my browsers intensivly while downloading in combination with Surfing Laptop tempature goes to max then shutdown

So that makes me draw the conclusion that this cannot be software related....at least not with me and my Acer Laptop is almost new and was never misthreated....

this issue will cause me to invest more money when going out to buy  a new laptop

tom_van_broeckhoven@hotmail.com

• Edited by 7 player Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Logikal 1 Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Logikal 1 Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:47 AM
    Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Its a virus, watch your security settings closely its a nasty little trojan. If you let it run free it hijacks and kills windows services usually security features and updates. It stores as a windows service like svchost.exe or a Audio/Video process. anti-virus software dosent work well on dettecting it or all of it because it looks like a service or service extension. I would suggest a fresh install of the os. Make a public account that is limited to privilages for your internet browsing and forget the "Anti-Virus". The only time it detects a virus is if it is labeled virus or something similar. 

Friday, August 24, 2012 9:45 AM
  • I concur with the post above me! Whenever I looked up an error  in event viewer and clicked on the "event log online" I would be sent to a page that was a decade old. My Windows 7 and IE9 wasn't even a thought in Bill Gates mind back then,but I'd look up in the left hand corner and see a date like '4 oct 2003! I'm a novice at computing but after getting sent to 100's of "support site pages" that didn't even remotely come close to my problem,I started digging around files an ordinary person wouldn't  look at.Long story short,the registry was corrupted on desk top.Most of the drivers and EXE's were actually being ran in much older versions.Check your certificate's and see if you have 1 thats got a date of 2002.Its used exsclusively for time stamping. Also,keep an eye out for services stopping right after startup that aren't logged.Look at properties tab and see which version of windows your important drivers and EXE's are set to run in compatibility mode.If your running windows 7 64bit and alot of the WOW64 processes are set to run in 95 windows,I'm thinkin thats a red flag myself.Then again,I could be completely wrong. Have a good day!
    Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:47 PM
  • I Concur with aboves!! I'm suffering similiar to all the above, & tend to agree along the virus lines. Or is it just x64 teething probs? So if it's still occurring after all this time???WHY MICROSOFT?Y?Y?Y? Can't the Biggest Op. System, Manufacturer on the Planet, assist there "Customers" in overcoming this Persistent Problem? Or has Microsoft, become the "BIGGEST Backyard DODGIES", that they seem to now be???? Will this error/problem still be available in Windows 8? It seems YES, built in. AS an experienced novice I regularly ask for microsoft assistance, to also get sent to or advised to pages that are of NO relevance, or extremely difficult for the everyday, novice type user, to comprehend/understand. Still, Y?Y?Y? Regardless of Why?/What?/Where? it stems from, AGAIN MICROSOFT, How can we FIX?/SORT?/OVERCOME? Don't you have ANY ideas, Please? Friends this post, Will not get me, Intelligent support, WE can only DREAM of, it seems!! L.O.L.& Best wishes to all, Our chins we must keep up & hope for the best.        
    Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:30 AM
  • I got this error message from trying to Bluetooth some photo's from my phone to my laptop...   On the photo's that did'nt go thru this error message came with it..  Were you trying to use your Bluetooth possibly when you recieved this message ?    I just want to know if there is some way to retrieve the photo's or if they are simply lost..
    Friday, October 19, 2012 5:17 AM
  • <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        Tcpip - another "Classic" hardware "Warning"
    Description:
    TCP/IP has chosen to restrict the congestion window for several connections due to a network condition.  This could be related to a problem in the TCP global or supplemental configuration and will cause  degraded throughput. 
    <Binary>00000000010000000000000086100080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

Check that 8610008 which integrates as benign 0 000000000000008'th memory column somewhere's, indicating system has located an external 'connected' device fault, in this case a new ATT cable router, and snapped a fix in place.

Because your system has laid down an n'th hook somewhere's, well, that could compile on top of other faults on a not so healthy/lucky system and look like a virus or whatever. Not so benign for some. 

As noted above, reinstalling OS will not repair/replace hardware. SERIOUSLY though, goodbye gobbledygoop xml. Hello, Windows popup asserting, "Mark, a transistor on your ATT modem's third circuit panel is 'partly' fried!" Not that ATT is going to replace 240,000 modems with the same excess voltage problem effecting one teensy transistor, which is in fact the actual point of fact problem here. Not that Microsoft is yet able to set us at ease when some device thing screws up. Patience, people!

Root for the Microsoft Device Catalog Team-of-(((originally 4, now 2, that nasty Puerto Rico weather permitting)))... GO, MDC, GO!

Me (mark) @ social.msdn on a sunny winter's day (-18º cold outside... and inside fried gf).

2014... 30 years an artist (web design, not development)

Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:40 AM
  • We all have the same bull shi=iiiiiiiii I bet all your updates come from Redmond Washington Microsoft. They need to be investigated, all this   scnemas crap are preprogrammed to keep you from stopping them from using your PC like a bot. Its either them or employees or some form off an affiliate of there's Its some form of a conspiracy. If you think im nuts just laugh. But they are screwing us
    Sunday, March 09, 2014 10:13 PM