none
How to use Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder on W7 64 bits from a 32 bit application ?

Question

• Hi, I m trying to render a mp4 file using GraphBuilder -> RenderFile function.

The 64 bit version of Graphedit is able to render the file and use  the "DTV-DVD Video decoder"; but not the 32 bit version.

I assume it's because that filter is 64 bit only. The same behavior can be reproduced with the directshow samples in latest Windows SDK;

Is there a way to render that file from a 32 bit directshow application ? I played that file in the 32 bits versions of Windows Media Player, Quicktime Player and Media Player Classic (with internal filter disabled) and they all works.

Thanks for your help

Valentin.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:31 PM

Answers

• You can't use a 64-bit filter in a 32-bit app, however there should be a 32-bit version of that filter. You might try bringing up the 32-bit graphedit and see if that filters there and it it works with the file you're trying to play.
    • Marked as answer by val76 Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:47 PM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:24 AM

All replies

• You can't use a 64-bit filter in a 32-bit app, however there should be a 32-bit version of that filter. You might try bringing up the 32-bit graphedit and see if that filters there and it it works with the file you're trying to play.
    • Marked as answer by val76 Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:47 PM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:24 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

You are right, there was a 32 bit version of that filter located  in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

The missing filter was in fact a Mp4 splitter ( I had a 64 bit version of that splitter because i had installed a 64 bit codec pack). I removed the codec pack, and, as expected, graphedit 64 bits can't render the file anymore.

Now i know why the different players are still able to play that file:

- I checked Media Player Classic source code; it uses its own MP4 Splitter. It's probably the same for quicktime player.

- WMP12 use Media Foundation instead of directShow.

I want to read the same files as WMP,  without additional filters so i'll have to implement Media Foundation

Valentin.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 3:59 PM