none
Need help with Vista and M-Audio Fast Track USB Session

Question

• I recently purchase M-Audio Fast Track with Session and Pro Tool M Powered for my pc. I have just recently upgraded to Windows Vista, I kind of regret that now because I produce music and need to be able to us Pro Tool M Powered which will not work without the Fast Track M Audio interface in this case. Vista and M Powered do not seem to have support for these. What do I do? Is there something in the works. Pro Tool is a major music production software if something I need to operate that system isn't available for support or use thats ridiculous. Anyways, I need to know are there any solutions available for using M-Audio Fast Track USB audio for Session and Pro Tools? Please email me at jeramiahgiehl@hotmail.com. I need help please. Thank you.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 7:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jeramiah,

I'm sorry but this forum is geared toward software developers programming their own applications, so you probably won't get an answer here.

Also, Microsoft does not directly support 3rd party hardware or software.  You'll need to contact M-Audio and Digidesign. 

A quick search on Digidesign's website (the makers of Pro Tools) says that Vista is not yet supported.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=1&navid=48&itemid=24626

Monday, March 12, 2007 3:05 PM
  • where would I go to get help from Microsoft as well for a consumer.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:46 PM
  • Hang in there :-) I use that same interface and am waiting to get the updates so I can move my studio computer up to Vista. M-Audio is a good company, they might have a beta version out soon.

This info is direct from them:

"....Due to the nature of software and driver development, we are not able to provide exact dates or timeframes for when specific drivers will become available—but please rest assured that supporting Vista is a top priority for us.

As Vista drivers become available they will be posted to our Drivers page. If a driver is offered during the beta (pre-release) phase of its development, you will need to click the “Show Beta Drivers” option on the Drivers page in order to view and download that particular driver...."

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:21 PM
  • Thanks, I am thinking about going back to xp until they support it. I have projects I need to work on. I didn't realize it would be this difficult. lol
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Yea, In general whenever I update a "specialty" computer I always check drivers and stuff first. It's just that from my history, some driver/software manufacturers are a little slower to adopt changes to work with a new OS than others, especially when it comes to things like music production sofware. I notice Cakewalk is on top of things however, only issue left is some 64 bit system work still going on, but I'm also blocked by the M-Audio stuff and another interface I have isn't yet compatible. Dunno about some of the other guys. I have Vista at home one of my other general work boxes.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

I was with the same problem but i solve it, still M-Audio dont have a vista driver, but download the last XP driver, and before install go to the file properties (exe file) and configure to run with Windows XP SP 2 compatibility, dont worry about the display message, i did installed it and work very well.

Before that, i installed well too with some vista usb audio driver but with very high latency 10ms (too high to play guitar), after the XP driver install latency down to 5ms and find ASIO drivers on the drivers list too, that seems to dissapear with the other vista driver.

Regards

Nano

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:29 PM
  • Look like they have released the Vista driver.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:03 PM