none
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Disabled

Question

• Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

The above message is listed in my device manager for this "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface". I just uninstalled Norton  360 and this just now showed up. Any one with any suggestions?

Monday, June 04, 2007 10:05 PM

All replies

• From another forum -

Right click the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface > Update Driver Software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer >.

This solved the problem for me.

I still have a Ethernet problem that I do not know is related to the Teredo driver going bad.

Also interestingly all problems I saw on the web search occurred around June 3/4.  Hmmm...

Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:18 PM
  • I have got Dell Dimension 9200, its got on board intel 1gbps NIC, 2GM RAM

VISTA Ultimate.

I was working alright, just yesterday 21 June 2007, it lost the internet.

I have tried to reset the NIC, uninstall reinstall, disable, enable, reboot the router, no joy.

In device manager it was showing tereo thingie with yellow triangle...

How do i get my pc going again ???

Please advice.

Regards

SD

• Proposed as answer by zoranoxtraconz Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:50 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Solved the problem for me also.  Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by shaaaman Sunday, January 03, 2010 10:56 PM
    Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:52 AM
  • This worked perfectly. My HP dv2220 Vista Home Premium had this error and now it's gone. Yeah!!

• Proposed as answer by sjovanovic Friday, August 19, 2011 4:45 AM
    Sunday, July 08, 2007 2:15 AM
  • thanks man, did what u wrote...it did the trick...!
    • Proposed as answer by myeej Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:28 AM
    Monday, July 09, 2007 4:00 AM
  • Thanks so much!!!!
    Monday, July 09, 2007 7:21 AM
  • I, too, have installed and unistalled, then re-installed Norton 360 and I have a few errors with my hardware devices that display the same "Code 19" error.  I also cannot use my MP3 player through the USB port.  Did you figure out how to fix the problem?
    Friday, July 13, 2007 8:28 PM
  • Great help.  It removed my problem as well.

Thanks Gary

David

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:05 AM
  • Am I writing to Magicman? I was just playing around online and thought I'd pull up your name. And since it was just your birthday I was thinking about you! Write me back if you are from Orlando if you know who I am. Let me know what  you've been doing with yourself. Take care. Susie B.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Excellent !!!!!!! Got the exclamation marks off..............It worked for resolving an issue with the webcam in a HP Pavilion notebook...Thanks a lot, Hary.............

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 11:16 PM
  • What you said seemed to work, but then when i refreshed the device manager, the "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" DISSAPEARED.... now what. ARGH

Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:09 AM
  • I did the same thing and thought "Teredo Tunneling" had dissapeared. But then I checked view hidden files, there it was working fine under Network Adaptors.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:55 PM
  • I had the same problem (among many others) after uninstalling Norton Internet Security 2007. The advice below worked fine for me as well.
    Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:48 PM
  • i have somewhat the same problem. this device cannot start (code 10). I have norton 360 security on my pc, any help will be appreciated.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:34 AM
  • GO TO DEVICE MANAGER,  YOU'LL FIND TEREDO TUNNELING IN NETWORK ADAPTERS, CLICK WITH YOUR RIGHT BUTTON OF YOUR MOUSE, YOU WILL SEE ANOTHER WINDOW AND CLICK IN "DISABLE"..THAT'S IT

• Proposed as answer by KansasEd1 Monday, February 14, 2011 5:46 PM
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:22 AM
  • it's okey if not starting but yo have to disable and you will see better performance of your pc and your internet connection

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:32 AM
  • I'm having the same problem, but mine is a Code10 error! Help!
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:57 AM
  • I'm having the same problem, but mine is a Code10 error! Help!

I have the exact same code as well...
    Monday, November 30, 2009 11:47 PM
  • I also have experienced the code 10 error after installing the Window 7 Upgrade to my new HP Pavilion dv7-1464nr notebook.  I tried updated the driver and it tells me I already have the most up-to-date driver installed for the Teredo Tunneling Adapter  Any ideas?
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 4:00 PM
  • Same problem  CODE 10   !!!!
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 3:16 AM

I have the same problem - windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  How can I get  this fixed!

Thanks

John
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:02 AM
  • Solved my problem.  I'm using Zone Alarm Security Suite, new Dell with Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.  Some place I got the suggestion to change the setting in Zone Alarm.

In Zone Alarm went to "Firewall" (main) and clicked on "Advanced."  In "Advanced"  under "Network Settings" checked the box for "Enable IPv6 in networking."  Closed ZA and rebooted.  Works!  Don't recall but I may have "Uninstalled" the Teredo adapter before rebooting.  But it now works, no errors!

John
    • Proposed as answer by zebrajeb Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:18 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:39 PM

I have the same problem - windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  How can I get  this fixed!

Thanks

John

Same problem here...  And i do not have Zone Alarm presently installed, i had it on a previous Windows XP version but uninstalled it when i upgraded to Win XP 64 a while ago. I just have Kaspersky Antivirus (which prevents me from even trying to install the test version of Zone Alarm Security Suite to try the ZA solution) and Windows firewall. Windows family edition 64 bit on an intel Core2Quad CPU.
    Is there a solution INSIDE Windows 7 to reinstall/reenable Teredo ?
    Thanks in advance :)
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Kapersky should not block ZA.  Malware does.  Scan your system.
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 1:26 PM
  • After exhausting all of the suggested fixes to no avail, I disabled the Microsoft Toredo Tunneling Adapter as a last resort. The problems seemed to appear subsequent to upgrading the Operating System to Windows 7 Ultimate (32-Bit) from Vista Ultimate. I am now running only Microsoft's Security Essentials after uninstalling McAfee Virus Scan. My notebook is a Sony VAIO, Model VGN-FZ485U. I have also disabled the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter for the same reason. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance - RCBlack99  
    • Proposed as answer by michaelp75731 Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by michaelp75731 Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:35 AM
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:59 AM
  • I am using win7 32bit.  After following:

"if you can't seem to update your driver and have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, you may want to check whether the Enable IPv6 box in Firewall | Main | Advanced is ticked or not (the last box in the dialog) - if not, tick it and update the driver from the Device Manager."  (- from http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/c022478f-17cb-44de-8b85-fd021371eab3)

I used the advice you posted:

"Right click the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface > Update Driver Software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer >."

and now all is well!

Many thanks.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 1:48 PM
  • I have the same problem. It says 'device cannot start' code 10.    This device is interefering with my computers ability to stream media to my ps3 and other computers. Its frustrating. SOmebody help please.
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 2:04 AM
  • im having the same problems with code 10 but mine only affects my 5.1 sound. i get sound from one speaker and only  two channels go there.   i tried disabling the driver but the system needs that driver. and since the driver cannot start my sound will not work.  reminds me of vista 64 bit.  and it was an update from around the 5th.  i also tried installing a previous version but there was only one listed. so microsoft's update somehow disabled the driver or corrupted it
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 6:21 AM
  • Hi

i have the same problem. i disabled Teredo and my Atheros driver but when i restarted the Teredo one disappeared. Also ticked the box in my Zone Alarm to enable IPv6 networking and restart but this still didnt work. It says limited connectivity to any wireless network...Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

• Proposed as answer by 4zreal Sunday, August 08, 2010 3:01 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Most of you dont want IP6 enabled anyway.  Most of the world is still using IPv4.  Most people I've talked to have seen internet performance INCREASE after disabling IPv6.  Check with your ISP, or if its a school check with the network admin.  Most of them will tell you they aren't using IPv6 yet.  Windows 7 seems to turn it on by default. 
    Sunday, August 08, 2010 3:04 AM
  • I had my doubts but you were right on the money.  Changed the ZA setting just like you said and whola, problem solved.  Thanks.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 1:33 AM
  • It would seem like internet performance increasing would be a good thing.  Did you mean to say DECREASE?  I'm all for doing anything that would increase internet performance.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 1:36 AM
  • I've tried everything mentioned in this long thread, to no avail. Aaaargh.

Finally, I uninstalled the Teredo, but still have to internet access.

I turned off Zone Alarm. Still no internet.

Cannot figure out how to reinstall the Teredo. My pc doesn't find it when I search for uninstalled hardware.

I really do not want to spend the time and money to take my pc in to be repaired. It's utterly ridiculous that this problem has been occurring with so many people for so many years. I bought this pc in Jan 2010, for crying out loud.

My pc worked FINE until I did a Windows update. Why would Windows Update mess up my pc? Because I have Windows 7?

What the heck else can I try?

Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:02 PM
  • same for me - running Win7 64Bit on an HP DV9000 with Zone Alarm installed - enabled "IPV6" setting and then troubleshoot updated the driver - issue is now gone.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:48 PM
  • I gave up... rolled my computer back to before the Windows updates. Works now.
    • Proposed as answer by Victor Bromley Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:43 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Thanks, your solution was perfect.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:56 AM
  • Worked for me.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Changing the IPV6 setting in Zone Alarm worked for me too. - I still haven't got a clue what the teredo thing is or does though.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:30 AM
  • For those who haven't found any solution to solve this code 10 issue, I might offer you a functional one. At least it worked in my laptop (Vista x64).

Solution:
    1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
    2. Enter netsh environment. Type "netsh" and ENTER.
    3. "int teredo" and ENTER
    4. "set state disabled" and ENTER.
    5. Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".
    6. Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.
    7. netsh + ENTER.
    8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
    9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
    10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
    11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors with any luck.

Sources:

http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-peripherals/892007.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net...v6/teredo.mspx

• Proposed as answer by oldtymer Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:27 AM
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 11:41 PM
  • Massive thank you from Holland!!!

It helped, now I can stream my movies again.

You the best!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:25 AM
  • I did all your steps, and after step 11, well Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface is no longer listed and won't list after refreshing.  And yes, I've selected "Show hidden devices".

What now?

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:04 PM
  • I've had the same exact experience as UtahUte.

It is OK that it's not listed? Or should I take other steps?

Sunday, January 23, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Many thanks.  My yellow exclamation mark has now gone!!
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Thank you Magician2b, This worked fine for me.
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:41 PM
  • I also did everything listed up to 11. The only thing that happened was that my bluetooth device was then listed when I refreshed the list. Nothing about teredo anywhere! I just want my printer and computer to communicate again (it is listed as doing so) after I installed a new D-Link modem router!

Fiona

Monday, June 13, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Could you possibly help me to figure this problem out? I tried the CMD thing and uninstalled terredo and it didn't come back. Have no ideas left. any  suggestions?,please, Sandy

Friday, June 17, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Any idea what code 10 means?
    Friday, June 17, 2011 2:35 AM
  • Hi Frank Tried this but now can't find terredo at all, not sure if I followed your directions properly, Am I suppose to type in the word ENTER also. Sorry to trouble you with a dumb question, but I don't know, and you won't learn if u don't ask, Sandy
    Friday, June 17, 2011 2:40 AM
  • Me 2.

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:12 AM
  • you hit the button enter after typing
    Friday, August 05, 2011 9:31 PM
  • This is in the Windows Knowlege base.

In the start menu search bar type in REGEDIT to open the registry editor.  Navigate through the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS.  In the right pane, right click Disabled Components and select edit.  Set the DWord value to 0."

[  In my computer DWord was set to ff. You must Restart your computer and the teredo tunneling adapter will now start. ]

• Proposed as answer by malindihale Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:08 PM
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:04 PM

I have the same problem - windows 7 home premium 64 bit.  How can I get  this fixed!

Thanks

Dennis

• Edited by Denho14 Monday, October 31, 2011 6:06 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:06 AM
  • Where is "Check for Solutions"?
    Monday, January 09, 2012 1:52 AM
  • Hello

I have a problem with my Laptop showing Limited access for its wifi

It will not pick up an IP address

My Desktop, Ipad and phone all connect so do not think it is the router

Tried the Laptop with Mac pup DISTRO and that worked so I believe there is a problem with Windows 7

Tried a restore back to a time I know it worked with no affect.

I have checked the device manager and that the Microsoft Teredo tunneling in network adapters has a yellow ! with a Code 10 error

Tried disabling it as suggested and this had not affect

I have switched everything off in the start under MSconfig with no affect

I cannot get a connection wither through a the Wifi or Ethernet cable

Ipconfig /all

Shows no connections

Ipconfig /release, /renew did not fix it

Tried this and did not work

For those who haven't found any solution to solve this code 10 issue, I might offer you a functional one. At least it worked in my laptop (Vista x64).

Solution:
    1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
    2. Enter netsh environment. Type "netsh" and ENTER.
    3. "int teredo" and ENTER
    4. "set state disabled" and ENTER.
    5. Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".
    6. Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.
    7. netsh + ENTER.
    8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
    9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
    10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
    11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors with any luck.

Sources:

http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-peripherals/892007.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net...v6/teredo.mspx

Tried this and it does not work

In the start menu search bar type in REGEDIT to open the registry editor.  Navigate through the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS.  In the right pane, right click Disabled Components and select edit.  Set the DWord value to 0."

[  In my computer DWord was set to ff. You must Restart your computer and the teredo tunneling adapter will now start. ]

Teredo is no longer in the device manger at all

reloaded using

Worked out how to reinstall turedo tunneling adapter in device manager and i promise people this is how 2 do it 4 windows 7. In device manager click on the action tab then click on Add legacy hardware. Click Next then select Install Manually from a list then click next. In the list select Network Adapters. Once all the hardware has loaded select Microsoft from the Manufacturer column and then scroll all the way to the bottom in the network adapter column and there it is, select turedo tunneling adpter and then next to install.

"

Teredo now present but still no IP address!

Now I am out of ideas

Has anybody got some suggestions please?

• Edited by Lensman63 Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:48 PM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:34 PM